ALGS Year 4 Pro League: Everything you need to know

by EA_Vendcera

Original Post

ALGS Year 4 Pro League: Everything you need to know

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Good news - the ALGS Pro league is back and kicks off January 20-21, 2024! Click for competitors, schedules, groups, talent, and more!

LET’S RUN IT BACK!

Year 4 of the Apex Legends Global Series is finally here! Pro League kicks off this weekend, and we’re here to share all the details on what you can expect going into Split 1. The ALGS team has been hard at work this off-season, and we can’t wait for you to see what’s in store. We highly recommend that you cancel your weekend plans for the next 8 weeks so you don’t miss any of the action. Standard smile

COMPETITION FORMAT

The Split 1 Pro League Regular Season features 30 teams (per region) competing in a triple round-robin format, where each squad will play 36 matches across six series each. The triple-round-robin format is followed by the Regional Finals, which will feature the top 20 teams from each region competing in a single series utilizing our patented Match Point format to determine who will qualify for the Split 1 Playoffs. 

On the line for teams during the Split 1 Regular Season is our $500,000 USD Regular Season prize pool and the opportunity to qualify for the in-person Split 1 Playoffs with a $1,000,000 USD  prize pool, taking place later this spring!

SPLIT 1 PRO LEAGUE GROUPS

Here are the 120 Apex Legends teams that will be competing in Split 1 of the Pro League. Each region consists of 30 teams, which have been seeded into three groups of ten based on their performance across ALGS Year 3 and the Year 4 Preseason Qualifiers.

PRO LEAGUE COMPETITION SCHEDULE

The Split 1 Pro League competition consists of 10 match days, with the Regional Finals taking place on the final day of the Regular Season. The weekly schedule is detailed below:

NA + EMEA BROADCAST TALENT

We’re excited to welcome back some familiar faces to our broadcast! Our show wouldn’t be what it is without our talented casters and hosts, so please show them some love on socials!

algs-broadcast-talent-02-landscape-gpm.jpg.adapt.1456w.jpg

// BEN “ZEPHYR” FOSSITT - TwitchTwitter

// VICTORIA “VIKKIKITTY” PEREZ - TwitchTwitter

// EVAN “RAYNDAY” RAYNR - TwitchTwitter

// MARK “ONSET” HATCHER - TwitchTwitter

// LAUREN “GLITTERXPLOSION” LARACUENTE - TwitchTwitter

// RAFAEL “DIA” RUIZ - Twitter

// DAN “GASKIN” GASKIN - TwitchTwitter

// TIFFANY “SPIDERTIFF” JANE - TwitchTwitter 

// KALE “GENOME” MORTON - Twitter

// STELLA “PARALLAXSTELLA” CHUNG - TwitchTwitter

WHERE TO WATCH

The NA and EMEA English broadcasts will take place on the official Apex Legends Esports YouTube and Twitch channels. Details for our Broadcast Partners can be found below:

BROADCAST PARTNER REGION LANGUAGE DISTRIBUTION

RAGE

APAC N Japanese

Twitch

YouTube

APAC South Hub

APAC N English

Twitch

Long Shot

APAC S English

Twitch

YouTube

APAC South Hub

APAC S Thai

Twitch

APAC South Hub

APAC S Indonesian

Twitch

Liga Ace Esports

NA Spanish

Twitch

YouTube

For Apex Legends Global Series Year 4 Official Rules, see https://www.ea.com/en-us/games/apex-legends/compete/overview/rules.

Vendcera.png

Message 1 of 17 (1,881 Views)

Re: ALGS Year 4 Pro League: Everything you need to know

Community Manager

Are you folks watching the ALGS and do you have any favorite players or teams?

For my part, I'll be supporting the "The Full English" for their first matches on Sunday since a friend of mine is playing in the team. Standard smile

Vendcera.png

Message 2 of 17 (1,872 Views)

★★ Expert
@EA_Vendcera Yes. It's the only fun thing about Apex atm. Oh, that and HisandHers' leagues and tournaments.

I'll just watch 40%worse, Shiv, Mande, and Xeriffer. They are so much fun when it all gets chaotic.
Message 3 of 17 (1,844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Vendcera 

Hoping for ALGS LAN win to anyone outside of NA. If not that then someone other than TSM or DZ.
Always love an underdog story so might be great if a team without org would win. 

I used to watch Alliance due to Hakis great calm analysis of the matches & strategies behind it. But recently I have become quite annoyed of Effects coms. Sure it has really helped a lot of their game when he is co-igling but he has turned from that shy talent to more arrogant talent. I get that these guys are still young and stuff can get inside your head but there really should be somekind of publicity coaching from the orgs involved with the increase of followers. Like how do you represent your org with your comments and the gaming community itself when you have young kids watching. Latter one is more of a common problem that the game publishers should really focus on. 

40% Worse I will definitely watch due to the entertainment value. And to be honest I dont think they will make big success but the entertainment is there. Like Harlem Globetrotters have been a thing for almost 100 years and they would get trashed by any pro team but I would still watch their matches rather than regular pro basketball match. 

In terms of casters I prefer Greek over Nicewig. Nicewig is constant F-bomb on everything which gets rather tiring when watching like a full scrims set etc. 

Message 4 of 17 (1,788 Views)

Champion

I too am looking forward to see how shivs team does.

I'm a bit less hyped for this though due to the lack of meta change(both legends and guns) and the same 2 maps. The only change is going to be conduit sprinkled into some teams.

Message 5 of 17 (1,749 Views)

★★ Expert

Yeah, they're gonna have a hard time, I think, but the vibes are high. Gotta love how Mande just starts off by asking Shiv if he twerks in the shower, and Xeri just casually asks Mande during the game what kind of cheese is his favourite.

Anyway, even if this season's PL doesn't work out well, they should continue however. They can only get better with some experience together.

But let's see. It's gonna be fun at least.

Message 6 of 17 (1,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

the algs controller league yaaaay , can't wait to see them aimbot each other in the most boring way.

Thanks god there's still shiv/mande team.

Message 7 of 17 (1,695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Dont forget about Skittlecakes,Dropped, Sweetdreams, Albralelie, HisWattson !
Will be rooting for Team Optic in NA
And ofc 40% in Europe (if it isnt for the plays, you certainly have to love them for the name, wonderful innuendo)
If clawz would still be coach of Aurora, i would also share sympathy with them

Message 8 of 17 (1,688 Views)

★★ Guide

Really liked the vibes from Albs team plays. 

HisWattsons team also seems like they are quite relaxed and enjoying the game. 

More and more I watch Alliance plays the more I stand behind my comment that somebody needs to tell Effect to chill. No need to prove anything. Just play the game. Kid is trying too hard and ends up frustrated most of the time. 

Large smile Hate watching clips of Sweet on how he is constantly putting blame on his teammate. Not a single wellplayed etc. Even when they won the match he was just praising himself with "You just gotta listen to me". Not sure if those comments by DZ Zero are true in terms of Sweet destroying roller teammates (Gild & Naughty) mentals & self confidence in terms of making plays themselves but it aint pretty picture based on previous scrim days. 

Message 9 of 17 (1,653 Views)

★ Pro
@Airish85 have you seen the matches yesterday ? great work of LG
Message 10 of 17 (1,577 Views)