Apex Legends : Quality of Life Improvement Requests

by Cabowse

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends : Quality of Life Improvements

Champion (Retired)
@DoYaSeeMe that could work, hopefully it wouldn't be too confusing for people!
Message 31 of 617 (4,361 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Added a few more additions! Including a Wattson passive rework!

Message 32 of 617 (4,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:
@RevenanT-G7so, if a predator is in the unranked lobby, you want him teamed up with other predators or diamonds, while some poor noobs that are just learning get stuck together with no one to guide them only to die 20 seconds after landing, mowed by the team of champions? Surely a fast way to get the playerbase reduced to 5-10%.

Another thing: you have a problem with this matchmaking in ranked, why do you want it applied in casual as well then? You want the same problems with rage quitting on top?

Not a predator though in regular mode, But a player that already put in his / her's dues.

Example a level 300 shouldn't be paird with a level 20 - 30 player should at least be paired with someone that is at least a level 50 - 80. Being paired with new players that don't understand the game and how it's played is very annoying and frustrating to say the least. when your trying to rotate but  the level 20 wants to sit at the edge of the ring to try and fight a team by him self.

Rage quitting happens just as much as in casual as it does in ranked which is why i don't play ranked if I don't have a team on [ too frustrating]. I'll be happy If respawn added a penaty to "Casual mode" as well as Ranked.

Your stats still count in casual mode at the end of the day so why not.

You say this will reduce the player base by 5 - 10%, I can't see this happening since this is a F2P game there will always be new people coming in playing. Since  you don't have to pay that $30 - $65  price tag.

Message 33 of 617 (4,309 Views)

★★★ Expert
@RevenanT-G7 It really depends on the players available in the queue. In unranked, it's normal to see a lot of beginners and a few high level players looking for 20 bombs, especially when a new season starts or a new map is introduced. It's unfair to have the high level players grouped up against teams of beginners.

I really doubt leaving happens as often in ranked as in casual. If it would, a lot of players would actually be 1-2 tiers lower than they are.

I didn't say "by 5-10%", but "to 5-10%". The lack of a price tag makes a lot of people try Apex, but also allows for easy abandonment, since "freeloaders" won't feel like losing their investment.
Message 34 of 617 (4,294 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@RevenanT-G7 @DoYaSeeMe

I think probably the best solution would be to have a lobby especially for players that are between lvl 1-50. They wouldn't be forced to use that lobby but it would give new players a place to practise using the weapons and such without coming face to face with a platinum player every 5mins.

Using this lobby would reduce XP gain by 25% and stats would not be counted, challenges would still work as normal.

Should hopefully take a lot of the new players out of the regular lobbies, while not restricting them.
Message 35 of 617 (4,286 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Cabowse This would be just like increasing the level limit for beginners' queue, from 10 to 50. Don't know what to say, it feels a bit too much, maybe 20-30 would be better. Can't even tell how much it took me to reach level 10, but I'm not sure the game had a beginners' queue when I signed up. All I remember is that it was frustratingly hard in the first few hours.
Message 36 of 617 (4,279 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Cabowse 

I have another suggestion, add the ability to lock/unlock your deathbox from your own teammates while you're still eligible for a respawn.

Or at least give your deathbox a color indicator that it belongs to your team mates. I pretty much leave when i see some ranomd loot my box, and I frequently have to punch randoms away from the box of another dead random.

Message 37 of 617 (4,267 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Cabowse Fantastic changes!
Message 38 of 617 (4,259 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@DoYaSeeMe I think that is fine really, having played with a relatively new player for a while I found that he only really started picking it up properly around the 70 mark. So capping a beginner queue at 50 sounds fine to me.
Message 39 of 617 (4,243 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Added a few more additions around the firing range & a few of the legends.

More suggestions welcome!!

Message 40 of 617 (4,173 Views)