Courses changing at major championships

by Dimesx98

Original Post

Courses changing at major championships

★★★ Novice

In career mode when you progress to the next season the PGA championship and the US Open keep using the same courses over and over. Can this be fixed and was this done on purpose? I do know in Tiger 14 and the Rory game had courses change at majors. Can anyone help spread word that we want this in the game?

Here are the courses should be eligible to host majors in career mode.

PGA Championship

• Southern Hills Country Club 
  • Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s Ocean Course
  • Whistling straights
  • Quail hollow
  • Oak hill

U.S Open

• Pebble Beach Golf Links
  • Torrey Pines
  • The Country Club in Brookline, Mass 
  • Chambers bay
  • LA cc
  • Olympia fields

The Open championship

• St Andrews
  • Royal Liverpool
Message 1 of 16 (2,734 Views)

Re: Courses changing at major championships

★★★★★ Newbie
@Dimesx98 I do agree this!
Message 2 of 16 (2,645 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Agreed. Using the same major venues every year gets boring very quickly and takes away a huge part of what makes these tournaments great and exciting

Message 3 of 16 (2,571 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium hey can the community get an update with this topic? I actually have a few more questions directly involved with this topic.

We know that the 2023 major championship courses are coming in future updates throughout the year but does this include them being put into career mode and will the majors championships actually switch courses when progressing through several seasons or will it be static once the patch comes in?

To follow up can courses like pebble beach and Torrey pines that already host regular pga tour events be patched into the major championship rotation? If not why? Or are only the 2022, 2023 and maybe even 2021 major courses available to do this?  

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you 

Message 4 of 16 (2,526 Views)

★★★ Novice

Majors should rotate and obviously this is where EA intends to take this… however also important I feel is to give control to the player as far as season set up and courses assigned etc. In the past there were certain events in season that you could customize courses for and this should only be expanded not limited or taken away completely.

Message 5 of 16 (2,211 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just finished my first season and the second season has the sames courses for the majors. 

Hopefully after the update of new courses, we can see courses rotate in the majors. 

Message 6 of 16 (2,183 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bogeygolf83 They already said that they will add all the major tournament course of 2023 at the time of it so maybe after we will have the choice between those two.
Message 7 of 16 (2,177 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Anything on this? Not alternating major sites is pretty bush.

Message 8 of 16 (2,040 Views)

★★ Guide
@wildkits92 The game launched with 30 courses !! And they are all very amazing. How can you say that because the major doesn't alternate is bad.
Message 9 of 16 (1,989 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alternating venues in career seasons is a pretty basic and understandable need. Having 30 courses is great but what’s the point if the career mode doesn’t utilize all the available major championship courses in the game?? I’m sure this will get addressed as they are adding courses post launch for this specific reason.

Message 10 of 16 (1,897 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help