EA servers

by Aprilbeforemay

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA servers

★ Apprentice

Why do EA servers go down numerous times a day? Why do EA try to blame users it's their system and connection and nothing to do with EA?

Can someone at EA elaborate please?

Message 1 of 11 (499 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA servers

Community Manager

Hey @Katybee_1313 

can we give the following a try on PS5 to see if we can help with this?

• Clear the systems cache (Close the game completely > Turn off the console > Wait 30-60 seconds > Restart and Relaunch)
  • Check for console updates 
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open your PS5 NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Entering Safe Mode and Rebuild your PS database

Cheers!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (154 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @Aprilbeforemay, Are you getting a specific message? Also which platform are we on?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 11 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_IlliumI'm on xbox and it happens multiple time a day. It seems to happen most with online stroke, but I've had it happen with online alt shot too. Basically, you think it's all going good then *bing* you're out of the room with the message that EA servers have disconnected. You hit A to continue then have to click down on the rt stick to reconnect. Sometimes you get back in the room as it's counting down and then get kicked again, other times you get in a new room with the same people from the disconnected one. The disconnect effects most people in the room as I've been in party chat with people when it happens and it wasn't just me.

Message 3 of 11 (376 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The talk is there's some players who block people routinely and this affects the lobbies in this way.

Message 4 of 11 (370 Views)

Community Manager

HI @Beerrun4u 

When you have a moment would it be possible to try the following?

Cheers!

Hey @Mark_Miwurdz 

If you do come across anyone who may potentially be breaking our rules, be sure to report them using our Help Article:

Report players for cheating, abuse, and harassment

From there they will look into the report and take the appropriate action if needed.

Please Note, We are unable to assist with reports of players who may be breaking our fair play rules here on Answers HQ. Please see our Forum Rules & Guidelines. 

Thanks for reporting!

Illium.png

Message 5 of 11 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Very annoying, I was on the 16th tee at -16 on the weekly pro tournament and got kicked out. Lost my tickets and score.  And my PS5 is directly connected to my wifi by lan cable.

Message 6 of 11 (233 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Katybee_1313 

can we give the following a try on PS5 to see if we can help with this?

• Clear the systems cache (Close the game completely > Turn off the console > Wait 30-60 seconds > Restart and Relaunch)
  • Check for console updates 
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open your PS5 NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Entering Safe Mode and Rebuild your PS database

Cheers!

Illium.png

Message 7 of 11 (155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This happens everyday with myself also. It's an EA issue that they won't man-up and sort it out.

The won't reimburse you you your lost coins either. 

[CM - post edited to follow community guidelines]

Message 8 of 11 (110 Views)

★ Apprentice

Done this numerous times. It has nothing to do with anyone's set-up. It's an issue with EA servers.

How can every single user worldwide cut off at the exact same time??? They all can't have issues with their systems. 

Message 9 of 11 (109 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Aprilbeforemay 

Thanks for the additional information, to confirm do you see this with PGA Tour or any EA game you attempt to play?

Illium.png

Message 10 of 11 (68 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help