Original Post

The official Matchmaking blog post

★★★★★ Expert

Here’s the most awaited blog post about matchmaking 

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/matchmaking-2023

Message 1 of 264 (8,243 Views)

Re: The official Matchmaking blog post

★ Expert

@Cheese9Man Lol you were faster than me posting this.

I like the in-depth look and analysis, it gives you a better idea of what's going on. Some things said though do not match with what i've experienced in Apex until today and i disagree with some other choices they've made this far.

For example, a Platinum player can be in a Predators lobby if he's having a win streak? Is that correct?

Message 2 of 264 (8,224 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man Pretty in-depth! I'll definitely be reading through this, after work. I'm curious to read more about the system

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 3 of 264 (8,213 Views)

@Cheese9Man 

thanks for the share.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 4 of 264 (8,194 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Gotta be honest haven’t read it yet since I’m playing now with the boys to get ready for the ranked split.

Message 5 of 264 (8,178 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man It is really well written and pretty much confirms my experience with the game.
Message 6 of 264 (8,161 Views)

Champion
@Cro_Pittt I read the ranked comment that way, which I think is a bad change. The reason it happens now is speed of MM is too high a priority for the preds.
Message 7 of 264 (8,158 Views)

★ Expert

What i’m taking away from the article is that cradling lower skilled players to the detriment of higher skilled players is all that presently matters if not in a premade.

Also, no concrete dates have been mentioned other than “early 2023” which means nothing when so many broken promises seems to be a reoccurrence with Respawn.

C4EB955B-CFFD-4B75-B8E8-041144D39F11.jpeg

Message 8 of 264 (8,152 Views)

Champion
@Gabrielmojo26 They are going to try and seperate the lower skilled more. The charts were pretty clear. A low kd, low win rate player was being put with anyone decent. They may have better chances now to have fun.

Higher tiers may get sweatier as a result but you will get better teammates, like I found in season 13.
Message 9 of 264 (8,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Cro_PitttThat’s also how i’m reading it, which means if I perform well, i’ll be matched against preds, all the while having two ball in chain teammates.

How did they think this would be a winning formula is beyond me, maybe because they assume everyone would play as a premade? 

Give me solos pls 🤣

Message 10 of 264 (8,148 Views)