cloud save error

by LuckygamerBE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cloud save error

★★★ Novice

The last few days I've gotten the same message over and over again about the fact that there is an error when cloud saving. The message says that it should save the next time i start it up but it doesn't. When I start up the game I get another message which states that i can start up Fifa but that there can be saving errors when using your ea account on multiple devices which I am only doing on the mobile app apart from my pc where I have Fifa installed on.

I've tried some online tutorials like restarting the pc, restarting the ea app, repairing eaAntiCheat, un- and reinstalling it, running the cleanup.exe, etc.

But none of the methods have worked so far. I didn't really experience any failed saves nor inconveniences apart from these annoying pop-ups.

Can someone help me resolve this issue?
Should I try re-installing the game (i haven't tried this)?

And most of all, could it affect my data and is it possible my account has been hacked and it being the reason it talks about multiple devices?

I've uploaded some images of the errors.

Message 1 of 9 (4,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cloud save error

★★★ Novice

I have found a solution myself. Repairing the game solved the issue for me.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (4,114 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I have found a solution myself. Repairing the game solved the issue for me.

Message 2 of 9 (4,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for anyone searching this in the future and also for ea fc 24.

1) game needs to be closed

2) go to your documents folder and search for the fifa 23/fc 24 folder

3) open the folder when you found it and cut out the folder named twinkle_temp inside of it and paste it to somewhere else

4) start the game and the error should be gone

5) closing the game should also work as intended and save to the cloud again

6) if everthing is working you can delete the twinkle_temp folder you pasted away cause the game restored a not corrupted version into your savegame folder

7) just renaming the folder twinkle_temp didn't work for me, it needs to disappear in the savegame folder

Message 3 of 9 (4,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

OMFG. The EA app just ate my Dragon Age: Inquosition saves. The EA app showed a message about a cloud save issue and asked me to retry in 5 minutes. I retried several times and it finally lauched the game AND FOCKIN WIPED all my saves! I played 747 hours in the game. Repairing didn't help. This stupid app just erased all my progress! I still can't believe it's real. I can't even request a technical support because EA removed it.
I'm in denial. This can't be true. Only a bunch of imbeciles would implement such app and force customers to use it.
1. If there was a conflict of cloud save data with my local data, why didn't the app let me choose the right state. Even the ugly Ubisoift launcher does that.
2. Why doesn't the app backup the old files? It just removes them! 
3. Why is there no functionality to manage the cloud data, not in the app, not on the website, nowhere?
4. What's the point of this cloud sync, if it has such serious malfunctions, known for years! It's not only useless, it's detrimental!
5. Why am I forced to use it? Why is there no setting to disable this piece of *? Any other launcher provides such.
6. What kind of imbeciles are the product manager, the developers and the testers who approved it, programmed it and tested it? How such a big company can fail on every fockin decision on so many levels?! Does EA have any worker with an actual human brain?
In such moments I totally understand people doing mass shootings.

Message 4 of 9 (3,997 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ElxPlesidente
Unfortunately I can't find the file in my EA FC 24 folder.

What can I do now?
Message 5 of 9 (3,875 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Solved my problem perfectly well.

Just a question, will it occurred again in the future and need to repeat the same step?

Message 6 of 9 (3,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My friend, I bought FC24 from Epic Games. But when I try to enter the game, the game screen comes on and then closes again. I can't find the twinkle_temp file in the fc24 file. What should I do? Can you help me?

Message 7 of 9 (2,546 Views)

★★ Novice

how?

Message 8 of 9 (403 Views)

★★ Novice

this pc>documents>fc24

Message 9 of 9 (400 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help