next golf game ideas.....

by -Roasted513-

Original Post

next golf game ideas.....

★★★★ Guide

this is what I've come up with so far-feel free to add..................

changes in next game....

fix the "rng" problem

fix wind speed/direction

fix putting (manhole covers/cling wrap over on the hole, the "quick" putt mechanic where the ball does the "kick save and a beauty")

fix greens- for those who play with green grids, the grids need to accurately show the break

easy settings need to play much more forgiving and the higher a player goes in difficulty the more the swing mechanics become less forgiving

be consistent

be transparent

character development based on gameplay (hit fairways get driving accuracy/distance, hit greens to get approach skills, etc.) the more you do these the better the character, maybe a momentum meter based on play

power meter needs to be removed

no pitch and chip on greens

add hotfixes as they are needed

skip after events are finished

head-to-head challenges

more courses

any and all store items need to be reasonably priced, the xp boost needs to be set for a timer, not timer/set amount of xp, if it says 2x xp for 1 hour it needs to be 2x xp for 1 hour and so forth

Message 1 of 22 (784 Views)

Re: next golf game ideas.....

★★ Novice

Give us a driving range and putting green practice area.

Message 2 of 22 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@-Roasted513-i forgot the most important thing... CROSS-PLAY on launch

less forgiving rough/sand/bad lies

if online tournaments, no more UNLIMITED attempts

Message 3 of 22 (746 Views)

★ Apprentice

be very surprised if their is a next game

Message 4 of 22 (717 Views)

★ Guide

@-Roasted513- wrote:

be consistent

be transparent

Sadly, this is always an issue. At a certain point, those big companies keep their future projects close to the vest. Specially when there is competition with another company working on the same sport. We're seeing the same with 2K, nobody knows anything about their future golf game and there's probably going to be a new one by fall.

Maybe we won't have a new EA golf game. Or maybe, just an expansion pack (DLC) like in some other live service game.  Like others, my expectations are very low on the future of this franchise.

Message 5 of 22 (688 Views)

★★★ Pro

One of the community manager started a subject for the US Open. Maybe I'm reading too much about it, but it could be their way to tell us they haven't abandoned their golf game.

Message 6 of 22 (675 Views)

★ Guide

It's a shame that the stroke 16 player lobbies has probably turned them off from giving us game chat but it'd be nice for online match or alt shot. Not everyone wants to commit to a party just to chat with the transient players.

Message 7 of 22 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Just hoping the next iteration is more like TW14 with better graphics and crossplay. I could just imagine how awesome photo gameface be with the better graphics.

Message 8 of 22 (651 Views)

★★★ Guide

There is no rng problem if you are somewhere around level 25, have full legend specs, and have ~7 points in the 3 accuracy categories.  

RNG literally doesn’t exist once you have that invested.

Message 9 of 22 (626 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@7AnimalMother maybe with no power that's possible, but I'm sure most maxed out players have some kind of nonsense going on... I've hit "perfect" shot that don't hit the ground anywhere near the target circle
Message 10 of 22 (609 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help