Playing MUT in PS4-version on PS5? MUT progress transferable from PS4 to PS5?

by jhayesml

Original Post

Playing MUT in PS4-version on PS5? MUT progress transferable from PS4 to PS5?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, I have the new Ps5 but the people I play mut with do not. Will we be able to play together still in same family of consoles? Using old gen gameplay settings? And if we are unable to for some reason does all cards/coins transfer from ps4 version to Ps5 version of game throughout the year? So if I play solo on Ps5 my players and everything will transfer when loading up ps4 version while playing with friends and I can keep going back and forth? Please help thanks. @EA_Blueberry 

[EDIT: modified the thread title to improve its clarity if other players are searching for the same]

Message 1 of 7 (5,091 Views)

Re: Playing MUT in PS4-version on PS5? MUT progress transferable from PS4 to PS5

[ Edited ]

I'm not exactly sure, but I'd guess it will be possible to play with your friends in the PS4 version if you own the PS5 version of the game. However, you will not be able to make use of the next-gen stats as they are announced to be only available on PS5.

Regarding transfering MUT progress across PS gens, I'd be very pessimistic. I do not own a PS (or xbox) myself but have read in a lot of threads during the Madden 21 season that MUT progress is locked to a specific gen / platform. I'm pretty convinced that this will remain the same. Frown [EDIT: according to @EA_Blueberry's clarification in the next post, my statement was completely wrong, fortunately]

by the way, I'd guess that you might be interested in supporting the suggestions of allowing cross play (i.e. playing across gens and platforms) as they already have been made in this forum. If you would like to support these suggestions, please kudoe the respective posts (by giving XP or if possible by clicking the "me too" button). You will find all suggestions made so far in the Madden 22 Suggestions-Index:

I hope that clarifies your question and you will be able to play with your friends. have fun and good luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 2 of 7 (5,072 Views)

Re: Playing MUT in PS4-version on PS5? MUT progress transferable from PS4 to PS5

Community Manager

@jhayesml 

There is cross-progression. This includes Madden Points, binder content, coins, training, Ultimate Challenges, and Missions. Similar to how it was for Madden NFL 21.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 7 (5,051 Views)

★★★ Novice

That’s great thank you. But will I have to be on PS4 version to play with ps4 or will we be able to play still Ps5 and ps4? Just not upgraded? Sorry just wanting to clarify I didn’t have next gen for 21. @EA_Blueberry 

Message 4 of 7 (5,037 Views)

Community Manager
@jhayesml

PS5 players are able to play PS4 users if they play the Gen4 version of the game.

For example, right now on my Xbox One Series X there are two versions of Madden NFL 21 I can download from My Games & Apps. There is a launch version and a Net-Gen version.
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (5,021 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But how do I transfer MUT from the ps4 version to the ps5 version and still keep all of the stuff from my ps4 to my ps5 version 

Message 6 of 7 (862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can’t get my mut team and coins to transfer to my PS5. 

Message 7 of 7 (65 Views)