Unable to connect to the EA servers

by xeonuser

Original Post

Unable to connect to the EA servers

★★★ Newbie

While in the menu or in the middle of a match I get this connection error: Unable to connect to the EA servers. Please check your Internet connection, make sure the Platform Client is online and try again. Error code: 1:468882297O:-4685921B. I just bought the game and it's terrible that I can't enjoy it and have to deal with this... I don't encounter any connectivity issues in other online games 

Message 1 of 7 (262 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to the EA servers

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@xeonuserBeen having this issue for months and some people are having it for over a year according to comments, so, welcome to the club <3
Also, there's no fix for this, we've tried everything and nothing works since the issue is on the EA's side and EA has went completely dark with it and they're no longer responding to this case...

Message 2 of 7 (246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe there's got to be something that I can do to fix this. None of my friends who bought BF 2042 on steam sales have this problem. But it's also strange that even when I tried using mobile internet from another provider the same error popped up in the middle of a session. So, I think I can agree that the problem is not on my side...

Message 3 of 7 (234 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@xeonuser There's absolutely nothing we can do to fix this. I've tried 3 different internet providers, 2 different PCs and million other things and the issue was still present. Btw, what region are you connecting from? Is it the Balkans?
Message 4 of 7 (218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's unbelievable. I also own BF V on the same Steam account, and it runs perfectly on my PC with my 1 gigabit internet speed. So, what's wrong with BF 2042, which is newer? I am from Ukraine, but so are other people who bought this game, and they don't have to deal with this madness. I think this forum is the last place where I could find a solution, and as you say, there is none. But I will not give up, as I still have some ideas about what to do. I will try to download BF 2042 to my laptop too; if it works fine there, I will have to reinstall Windows completely. If that doesn't work, I will refund BF 2042 and try to buy it on my second Steam account. But if, after all those actions, it still gives me an error, then I am never dealing with EA and their products again. It's funny that I am willing to go so far to play this stupid game, lol

Message 5 of 7 (205 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@1One_Mor3 btw I am the same person (xeonuser), just entered from another account
Message 6 of 7 (204 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Funny fact, i'm also having it and i am connecting from the Balkans...

Message 7 of 7 (116 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help