Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Why is reply greyed out on apple community

It appears that many peoples in the apple community have this problem. Sometimes I can reply and sometimes I can't I think there is some sort of time where apple lets you reply to others its really annoying if you have the answer but you can't help.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.5

Posted on Jul 5, 2024 7:38 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2024 8:32 AM in response to thisew66

Check the date of the original post. A greyed reply usually indicates a thread is locked due to age or inactivity, as does this banner included in locked posts:

Stumbling on old locked posts is exacerbated if you come here from directly form a search engine instead of starting at the ASC site map [link] and its date-sorted topic lists.

As most posters do not return weeks or months later to check old threads for new responses, best practice is to work the newest posts in a topic list.

If you want to see if that it the case with the post you encountered, please post a link to it and we can check it for you.

Why is reply greyed out on apple community

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.