Re: After 6 months, y'all don't like my name?

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

After 6 months, y'all don't like my name?

★★★ Newbie

I have had my account since January. My name has never changed, as it is the name I have on my PS5. But I logged in and suddenly I was banned for 3 days because they don't like my user name.

I can now log in and play, but If I want to change my user name on the madden game then I have to change it for my whole PS5 console. The PS5 warns me that if I change it, it is the last time I can change it for free and next time it costs 9.99. And the worst part is that I will lose game progress for a lot of the games I have once I change the name.

No other game has an issue with my user name. So why does madden have a problem with it? I  actually got my username from a prank phone call Bart Simpson made on a tv show. If it was okay to broadcast on syndicated tv it should be ok here too.

Also, the way these kids I play against cuss me out and call me racial slurs... I never get ugly or mean back.. but I am the one who gets banned and I am a respectful player?

Message 1 of 2 (140 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey there, @9f9bda1084053d34 

We don't issue bans for PSN IDs. You would have to have some in-game content such as a team or player that you've given an offensive name to in order to get actioned by us. You're welcome to contact an advisor to find out what you were banned for. To get in touch with one, please follow the instructions here.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (132 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey there, @9f9bda1084053d34 

We don't issue bans for PSN IDs. You would have to have some in-game content such as a team or player that you've given an offensive name to in order to get actioned by us. You're welcome to contact an advisor to find out what you were banned for. To get in touch with one, please follow the instructions here.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 2 (133 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help