Madden NFL 24 - Launch Update On PC Performance

by EA_Blitz

Original Post

Re: Madden NFL 24 - Launch Update On PC Performance

★★★ Newbie

I appreciate this post, I havent been able to play Madden 24 recently, I load up each day, play one game, super laggy and 3 second input delay. Log off for the day.

Specs are 3070 TI 32GB RAM DDR4 Ryzen 9 5900X and I literally upgraded my internet from wifi to ethernet just to play madden for it to fix the lag, now I have like 500mb download speed from speed tests.

I have been looking everywhere for how to fix the lag but it is assumed that it has something to do with my hardware which bothers me, pretty sure it is the servers. Im really hoping for an update soon that clears the lag up for a lot of people, its tough not being able to play the same game as others ( especially when its the first year on New Gen for console players)

Message 21 of 186 (2,348 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Either the game crashes after the anticheat or i get a frozen black screen, then every so often I can get it to work for maybe 20-80 minutes then a crash back to ea play. I think i can spend a however long i want in the menu's due to creating a franchise and doing a whole fantasy draft to to round 25, But if i start a actual game then the clock starts ticking till the crash and who knows how long i have. When I am in the game though, I have great performance and no stuttering at all so it seems either you have the worst performance or cant play the game due to crash's at launch or in game.

CPU: I9-13700k

Ram: DDR5 32g

GPU: RTX 3080

Window's 11

Res: 2560 x 1440p

Secure boost: On

Setting are high except for crowds and the motion blur and bloom and what not. 120fps locked. 

Message 22 of 186 (2,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SPECS:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-CORE Processor 3.40 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA 2080 Super

RAM: 32 GBs

Windows Version: Windows 10

Madden Graphics Setting: Fullscreen lock to 120 fps

Graphics Resolution Selected: 2560x1440

ISSUE'S EXPERIENCED SO FAR:

Input Lag

• No matter what controller I use I get horrible input lag
  • When switching players it will take either multiple button presses or just a full 1-2 seconds to switch to the new player (HUGE disadvantage)
  • Pre-snap setups get ignored because the game can't keep up with the buttons I am pressing due to the input lag (HUGE disadvantage)
  • The PS4 controller seems to be the worst and Xbox controller seems to be the best (still borderline unplayable but the best

Slow Hikes

• This could be attributed to the input lag, but I have seen my game go into a "slow motion" mode for a second or two when the ball is hiked and it makes it difficult to cover people (HUGE disadvantage)

Overall Lag in Game

• Again could be attributed to input lag, but during gameplay for example a passing play when the ball is in the air or about to be caught the game will stutter/ lag and makes it difficult to play the ball or tackle the player after

Menu Lag

• Y'all have addressed this issue, but what I have experienced is a lot like the gameplay where things are delayed when doing anything in the menu

Game Crashing

• Personally haven't experienced this one, but have seen a lot of people online dealing with this issue

Pause Glitching in H2H

• I have played Madden since 2006 and this has somehow been in the game since around 09
  • Players have found a way to pause the game and have you be stuck in the game looking at the field from a camera up in the stands and then it is just a waiting game for whoever quits first. I just spent the last 12 hours in the same game vs someone doing this. His EA account name is "KevvTTV" and have seen tweets of him doing this since at least May. Please ban him.

Overall I can say that every online game has gone like this: Lag pre-snap doing adjustments, lag on the hike, lag when trying to switch to a new player to make a play, and then if all that wasn't fun enough, I get someone that pause glitches me, so I get screwed out of a win and my Super Bowl rewards... or the game crashes.

Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 23 of 186 (2,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Specs :

i7-8700k

2070 super

16gb ram 3200

SSD

Game Resolution: 1920x1080

Windows 10

Madden graphic setting: 120 fps cap , low everything and full screen

Problem : The Main problem with the game is that it is not optimized at all, it uses too much CPU and barely GPU. 

Slow motion
                  Online is un-playable - input delay is awful and fps issue and slow motion.

Message 24 of 186 (2,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

CPU - 12th Gen i5 12600 KF

GPU - AMD Radeon 6900 XT

RAM - 32 GB DDR5

Windows Version - Windows 11 Version 22H2

Graphics Settings for Madden - High

Game Resolution Selected - 3840 x 2160 same as PC

Fullscreen

FPS lock to 120

Menu slowness, loading into challenges is slow,  70% of online games have input lag and/or stuttering.

• Other games with similar, or higher settings, don't have these issues in much larger online play. 
  • Plenty of disc space
  • Xfinity 227 Mbps Down / 23 Mbps Up
  • What's the deal with the controller buttons swapping from Xbox to Playstation?
Message 25 of 186 (2,324 Views)

★★ Novice

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti

RAM:24 GB

Windows 10

I tried setting all of my graphics settings to low to help and capped fps to 60 but the game still caused my CPU to spike to 99% usage rate.

Resolution was at 1920x1080

Message 26 of 186 (2,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

5800X cpu

6950xt gpu

windows 11

32gb ram

1440p

barely get over 60fps, goes into slow motion, and drops frames constantly. Super duper unoptimized, and runs worse than more demanding titles.  

Message 27 of 186 (2,293 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blitz

Ryzen 3700x 4.4Ghz
5600xt 6gb
16gb 3200hz ddr4 ram
Windows 10 lastest update
Low/off for all, visual feedback off, locked 60fps, vsync off, dynamic off
Have tried various resolutions, but have a native 1440p monitor

For now I got it to run... okay... but I'm at a blurry 1600x800 with everything at its lowest settings, visual feedback all turned off outside presnap menus. Lag will appear inbetween plays, mostly the transition graphics will cause a stutter that carries over to the game itself and can only be resolved by exiting to menu and reopening the game.
Message 28 of 186 (2,349 Views)

★ Apprentice

Intel i5-6600k

16 gb ram

1660 super

1500gb space

ran all possible settings on madden

Message 29 of 186 (2,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I still cant launch the game 

CPU: i9-13900k

GPU: 4080 ti

RAM: DDr5 64gb 

Windows Version: I tried 10 and 11. Still cant launch and I have secure boot. I also clean install both windows.
Game res: 1920x1080 

I followed all the steps and none fix the problem. gpu and cpu both up to date, bios up to date, repair the game didnt work, run in admin didnt work. I just cant launch the game. 

In game settings: Default and cant get in the game to change them  

Message 30 of 186 (2,304 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help