by EA_Blitz

Original Post

Re: Madden NFL 24 - Launch Update On PC Performance

★★★ Newbie

Ryzen 5

32 gbs ram

Windows 11

I cant load into the game, so idk yet

again, u released an uplayable game, so i dont know.

Secure boot is enabled. that isnt the issue.

Message 31 of 186 (1,562 Views)

★ Novice

Ryzen 5 5600x

RTX 4070TI

64GB RAM @ 3600

1tb SSD

running the game on low settings at 1080p.

the issues seems to be with resource allocation with the CPU. There are a lot of spikes that push the cpu to 100% even capped at 60fps. Dropping all settings to low seems to mitigate the issue to some effect, but some settings seem to be tied to the cpu rather than the gpu. From my testing: advanced hair, 3d grass, and crowd detail made the most difference. GPU usage remains very low through all gameplay.

Message 32 of 186 (1,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a Ryzen 7 5700g and a 12gb 3060 and mine struggles on the lowest graphics 100% utilization and about 10 Celsius more on cpu and gpu than warzone runs on high settings

Message 33 of 186 (1,514 Views)

★ Novice

No performance issues visually. 

None of my Xbox controllers work on the game. 

I have a rockcandy wired and an Elite 2 wireless. I can move left/right/up/down but I can’t use any other buttons. 

No issues on any other game. 

Message 34 of 186 (1,513 Views)

★ Apprentice
  • Ryzen 7 5800X3D
  • MSI RTX 4090 Supreme
  • 32GB 3200Mhz GSkill
  • Windows 11
  • Everything Maxed as well as turning down Crowd and Shadow (Did not make a difference either way) 
  • 3840x2160
  • Drivers Up To Date

Almost all of the issue for me is after the snap and this is when NOT playing online. Just solo play in quickplay games or in my FoF games. It just gets really choppy after the snap.

Message 35 of 186 (1,514 Views)

★★ Apprentice
  • CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
  • GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060
  • RAM - 16gb
  • Windows Version (e.g. Windows 10, Windows 11) - Windows 11
  • Graphics Settings for Madden NFL 24 - Have tried everything in game. Doesn’t matter.
  • Game Resolution Selected (e.g. 1920x1080 - 1920x1080

The game runs 90-100 FPS through the menus, but as soon as I go into a game it is between 30-40. I have my FPS in game locked to 120.

Message 36 of 186 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Novice

my main issue has been the cpu usage especially if you uncap the frames or run at 120 fps, it will hit 90+ cpu usage in game. it does not matter if i play on the lowest of low of settings, or on the ultra preset, it will use up the same amount on both. really hope the cpu usage issue gets fixed so we can play at higher frame rates without worrying about full load cpu usage. 

CPU: i7-12700F
GPU: RTX 4070ti
RAM: 32gb DDR4
Windows 10
Ultra preset
1920x1080

Message 37 of 186 (1,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a 1660 ti ryzen 7 I think 8 gb of ram windows 11 all low graphics 1920x1080 and I play full screen and still get massive Frame spikes when I snap the ball. My specs aren’t the best but it can run fortnite at 144 frames so it should be able to run madden

Message 38 of 186 (1,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Intel 11700k 

nvidia rtx 3080

32gb g.skill 3600 

windows 11

lowest possible graphics settings

1440p resolution

Everyone is having the same issue, the game is going into slow motion on the snap. CPU utilization is over 80% and GPU utilization is under 10%. The game is literally not using the graphics card

Message 39 of 186 (1,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CeeJ832I hope they read your post.

ISSUE'S EXPERIENCED SO FAR:

Input Lag

No matter what controller I use I get horrible input lag
When switching players it will take either multiple button presses or just a full 1-2 seconds to switch to the new player (HUGE disadvantage)
Pre-snap setups get ignored because the game can't keep up with the buttons I am pressing due to the input lag (HUGE disadvantage)
The PS4 controller seems to be the worst and Xbox controller seems to be the best (still borderline unplayable but the best
Slow Hikes

This could be attributed to the input lag, but I have seen my game go into a "slow motion" mode for a second or two when the ball is hiked and it makes it difficult to cover people (HUGE disadvantage)
Overall Lag in Game

Again could be attributed to input lag, but during gameplay for example a passing play when the ball is in the air or about to be caught the game will stutter/ lag and makes it difficult to play the ball or tackle the player after
Menu Lag

Y'all have addressed this issue, but what I have experienced is a lot like the gameplay where things are delayed when doing anything in the menu
Game Crashing

Personally haven't experienced this one, but have seen a lot of people online dealing with this issue - Pause Glitching in H2H

I have played Madden since 2006 and this has somehow been in the game since around 09
Players have found a way to pause the game and have you be stuck in the game looking at the field from a camera up in the stands and then it is just a waiting game for whoever quits first. I just spent the last 12 hours in the same game vs someone doing this. His EA account name is "KevvTTV" and have seen tweets of him doing this since at least May. Please ban him.

Overall I can say that every online game has gone like this: Lag pre-snap doing adjustments, lag on the hike, lag when trying to switch to a new player to make a play, and then if all that wasn't fun enough, I get someone that pause glitches me, so I get screwed out of a win and my Super Bowl rewards... or the game crashes.

Message 40 of 186 (1,561 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help