Anyone know how to read the grid of the green on simulation difficulty?

by darkelement48

Original Post

Anyone know how to read the grid of the green on simulation difficulty?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Anyone know how to read the grid of the green putting on simulation difficulty? Is there a color map or something else to tell high to low putts or bending/breaking putts. on xbox if that matters, I have no problem reading with grid lines on like mario golf but sim tournament doesn't allow for that to stay on so very hard to know or even guess just by looking at it with no camera movement allowed either.

Message 1 of 15 (2,984 Views)

Greens not reading correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've posted more on this game than any other...yet all you here is,  the swings are supposed to have randomness, nothing is perfect  etc.

WELL...how about we at least get the greens to read correctly. I understand that many have posted on this but as I'm sitting here playing St. Andrews on a challenge and I have a left to right green, and the ball moves literally right to left, you can't tell me this is supposed to happen. This happens on literally every course, especially badly on St. Andrews. Oh, and the swing is straight.

You want to say the game is great, go ahead...that it only has a few flaws (yea right), be my guest...that swings should have randomness regardless of your input,  ok...but for God sakes just make all the greens read correctly.

Look at this example...

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/4F29TMVKWF

If the link doesn't work, I'll try to download a clip

Message 2 of 15 (2,970 Views)

Re: Greens not reading correctly

★★★★★ Novice

Lol nice shot ;-)

They know bro they are working on a patch and yea steer away from St. Andrews it seems to be the worse affected by this bug.

Message 3 of 15 (2,961 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Willem7719 wrote:

Lol nice shot ;-)

They know bro they are working on a patch and yea steer away from St. Andrews it seems to be the worse affected by this bug.

Hahaha...yea, it was a great shot....right up until the ball and putter connected. Straight to the left. Unreal.

Don't get me wrong...I understand it is a complaint of many, and I have no clue what it takes to fix it, but the amount of greens I have ran into like this is absurd. Especially for challenges. 

Message 4 of 15 (2,954 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know man i also cannot wait for the patch, should not be too complicated to fix i'm guessing.

But yea there are quite a few holes for them to go over and check

Message 5 of 15 (2,946 Views)

Re: Anyone know how to read the grid of the green on simulation difficulty?

★★★★★ Novice

Check out Respawns video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOrOLDxzpbM

Message 6 of 15 (2,942 Views)

★ Guide

I recommend a good copy of the bible/your chosen religious holy book, and a priest.

Otherwise known as praying. 

Message 7 of 15 (2,935 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@theycagednon wrote:

I recommend a good copy of the bible/your chosen religious holy book, and a priest.

Otherwise known as praying. 

Yea, what he said...because I literally just made my own thread a few hours ago on this same issue and posted an example. Apparently this is a very well-known issue...and SUPPOSEDLY they are working on it.

Also, there literally cannot be a video on youtube of how to be a better putter when many of the greens are not reading correctly. Just watch my 1 clip at St. Andrews on the thread I created. A left to right reading green literally goes right to left...that is literally impossible, and that isn't my only example. I have several.

Not to mention, green speeds are highly inconsistent. Don't get me wrong, I understand that Speeds adjust based on the green conditions BUT I have been on the same course and have had the greens whipping right to left and had virtually zero break and conversely I've had what looked like slow greens almost break at a 45 degree angle on a 3ft putt.

I can understand a little randomness in a game but in golf if you hit a shot perfectly straight at the right speed, etc, it shouldn't whip left or right, it should go straight. Same with putting. So these "justifications" I keep reading are simply ball washing for EA and giving them a get out of jail free card. No one is saying it has to be perfect, it just shouldn't be ridiculously inconsistent like it is.

Message 8 of 15 (2,924 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm losing my patience with this game,typical ea sports putting out a train wreck of a game at launch please fix the lousy green grids. They should have game testers to see if anything needs fixing before you launch any game.

Message 9 of 15 (2,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

On the posted video, note in the lower right corner there is a degree indication which means amount of degrees is above or below your feet. It indicates a reading above your feet, so the put should go right to left notwithstanding what the incorrect moving beads are doing. I learned this on a you tube video by Respawn.

Message 10 of 15 (2,905 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help