Apex Legends : Quality of Life Improvement Requests

by Cabowse

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends : Quality of Life Improvements

@Cabowse great idea from @Tobi25561

@Tobi25561 wrote:

i have always sat down and played apex legends and thought that this game would be so much more amazing than it already is if it had weather conditions such as occasional thunder storms, or occasional snowstorms in the epicenter

Posted here 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Map-Feedback/i-think-EA-should-add-weather-conditions-to-apex-legends-such...

I've added to it a bit: what about more general map weather like fog too.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 61 of 617 (3,721 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cabowse todays thought of the day (and yes it hurt Large smile) is about an LTM with a different start.

The first (usual size) ring is centered on the map and is there at the start of the game. This ring has a storm inside of it preventing players landing in this central area of the map from the jumpship, forcing everyone to the edge, so to speak. The usual countdown begins. The central storm then disappears for the last 10 seconds of the countdown and starts up on the outside of this ring at 0. The usual countdown then follows with the subsequent randomised smaller rings.

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 62 of 617 (3,690 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cabowsetoday I would like from Santa, a precision choke for the LStar to make it even more accurateLarge smile

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 63 of 617 (3,669 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cabowse oh that reminds me, a grenade launcher that uses grenades as ammo, but can fire them twice as far as they can be thrown, for the stocking! 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 64 of 617 (3,669 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cabowse todays notion is a bug bear. While fighting at the station today i was aiming upwards at an enemy on the roof and the white ring movement countdown time notification  banner appeared accross the screen. This blocked the enemy from my view and they got away. 

I would like to see this banner reduced in size and moved to one side so that it doesn't interfere with play at that point in time. Thank you Large smile

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 65 of 617 (3,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

New QoL topic: Heirlooms

As the number of Heirlooms available in packs increases, more and more people will get frustrated as the heirloom that they want will be literally impossible to get. The odds of getting what you want are heavily stacked against you.

Looking at it, you have a 1/500 chance of getting an heirloom (Most cases getting it on the 500th pack), and currently a 1/4 chance of getting the heirloom you want. This is very dangerous for the future of the game as the common thought for packs will be "Don't buy them, they aren't worth it". I've gained that mentality atleast for this game but that will become more common for the community if this doesn't change. I know many streamers that say you get what you want and to do not buy packs.

I feel one of these two changes will help one aspect of the game as well as increase pack purchases.

A trade-in/token system: If you've unlocked one heirloom then you will be able to turn it in for a token. In a separate tab, be able to pick the heirloom that you would like.

The Restrictions:

• New heirlooms that come out won't be available to pick for 3 months. 
  • Once an heirloom is picked, it cannot be redeemed for another token. (Making it set and stone if the item chosen unless another heirloom is unlocked in a pack. In which case if it wasn't the desired one, will be able to trade for a token)
  • Cannot trade for a token on heirlooms newer than 1 month (Gives time for the user to experience the item if they want and if not, just wait a month to trade for a token)
Message 66 of 617 (3,609 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Yokerui Added your suggestion! Adjusted it a little bit Standard smile
Message 67 of 617 (3,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

-PLEASE DELETE

Message 68 of 617 (3,560 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Yokerui I'm not familiar with the term so by "grandfathering"you mean the item is vaulted right?

If so i'm a little confused, current heirlooms would be vaulted and we would  be given tokens to get any further new heirlooms?

Message 69 of 617 (3,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

@Yokerui I'm not familiar with the term so by "grandfathering"you mean the item is vaulted right?

If so i'm a little confused, current heirlooms would be vaulted and we would  be given tokens to get any further new heirlooms?

He changed my suggestions to this:

"On receiving an heirloom, there will be an option available to trade in for an heirloom token, this option is available for 24 hours after receiving the heirloom."

A situation that we have to consider is, what about people that already own heirlooms? I want an addition to the QoL where people that already have heirlooms get some acknowledgment for supporting the developers. The term "grandfathering" is used usually in a case of two separate groups when there is a change (You see this alot more in billing. I.E. You have been with a cell phone provider for x years. Company merges with another and has new prices. Since you were with the company for x years before the change, you're grandfathered in with often cheaper rates and better service).

In this case, people with heirlooms, and people without them but have the potential to. Ideally if a new system is implemented, it shouldn't just be for people that unlock heirlooms post-change but for people before.

Suggestion:

• People that have unlocked heirlooms pre-system change will have the ability to trade in one heirloom for another.

Also if you do consider adding this, adjust and change as you see fit.

Message 70 of 617 (3,546 Views)