Kill the high winds already

by Weyland4k

Original Post

Kill the high winds already

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Tournaments, h2h, career…it’s all high winds and it sucks. Just ruins the game, I don’t want to play like this. Maybe the top players in the game like it because they’re so good, but for the rest of us, the wind blows. If it’s not crazy winds, it’s the worst courses.

Please EA, kill it with this wind nonsense.

Message 1 of 17 (677 Views)

Re: Kill the high winds already

★★★★ Guide
@Weyland4k wind is part of REAL world golf, dont like, dont play
Message 2 of 17 (639 Views)

★★★ Pro

OMG! I can’t imagine reading a post from a gamer, who has made many posts complaining about the wind, tell another gamer complaining about the wind to not play if they don’t like the wind. Totally priceless.

A link from memory lane.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/wind/m-p/13549016/highlight/true#M13250

Message 3 of 17 (626 Views)

★★ Pro
@PalomaMarvel24 Priceless.
Message 4 of 17 (600 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PalomaMarvel24 Lol..fair point on Roasted, but to his credit, he sticks to the game. On some courses, especially the British Links courses, if there is no wind they are defenseless and boring.
Message 5 of 17 (569 Views)

★★★ Pro

Why doesn't EA do something progressive and scrap a weather site and provide real-time weather conditions to the game.

Message 6 of 17 (542 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ELF014 that would be beautiful, there was an old tiger game that did just that....
Message 7 of 17 (522 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@PalomaMarvel24 i complain that that WIND ISNT accurate, theres a difference.....
Message 8 of 17 (520 Views)

★ Guide
@Weyland4k Got to agree. I'm mainly a h2h person and it's very off putting to have to spend all day on a "theme" that is nothing but high winds then tomorrow is even higher winds, then a day of "birdie fest" low winds. Boring all around especially when you're matched against or paired up with a fairly new person. They seriously, seriously, seriously need to go back to random everything every game every day. High winds is fine if it's maybe 15% of the day with low being another 15% (1-2 mph) and the rest being the 3-9 range. Sure, you may get 3 highs in a row, but that's ok if you know it's going to rotate around.
Message 9 of 17 (405 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@-Roasted513- This isn’t REAL life though, it’s a video game. Keep the high winds for Tour or Sim, but keep it out of Pro and Amateur. On occasion, it’s whatever but to have it on such a high frequency just ruins the game.

If I wanted realism, I would go to a course and play. Or play Tour/Sim.
Message 10 of 17 (395 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help