The PGA Tour Community Wishlist - Add yours!

by RonDizzel13

Original Post

The PGA Tour Community Wishlist - Add yours!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

What features would everyone like to see in this game? 

Here are a few that I have discussed between me and my friends who still play Rory from 2016:

1. Bring back Game Face! 
2. Extensive create a player. Body types, hair, facial hair, etc. (not every golfer has an “athletic build”)

3. Heartbeat Moments in Online Multi-player. 
4. An agreement with equipment vendors to where if you buy a driver or irons or shoes etc. in real life, they give you a code to access them in-game. 
5. Free-moving camera around the green when you finish a hole to watch your friends putt. 
6. No automatic “recommended” club in hand at any shot. 
7. Caddie notes from playing a hole in a practice round. 
8. Driving Range time in the lobby while waiting for players to load in before a round starts. Or:
9. Player clothes and accessory change capabilities in the lobby before a round starts. 
10. Leaderboards among friends (long drive on each course, longest putt, best round..etc)

What do y’all think? Any others? 

(CM: Edited to update thread title)

Message 1 of 503 (12,872 Views)

Re: Wish list of features?

★★★★ Novice
@RonDizzel13 good wish list man hope we get some of what's on there
Message 2 of 503 (12,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

1. Specifically 2005's gameface. DO NOT BRING BACK GAMEFACE INCLUDING VOICE ACTING IF IT IS FROM 2006-2011 THAT WAS THE WORST GAMEFACE YOU COULD'VE USED

2. That just ties into 1.

3. Honestly Pressure Moments you can take advantage of assuming spin is enabled online besides Ranked. Can prevent you from adding unneeded spin or be unaware that your shot is going to be a hole out to get a hole out in comparison to without it. Experienced it plenty on 2004. 

For my own recommendations:

1. Bring back 2005's soundtrack.

2. Add Augusta National 1934 with the radio announcer from 14's audio assets to give even more incentive to add against buying 2k23 with optionally a way to play with 1930s clubs if possible. If not we can play on modern clubs just like in 14.

3. All Fantasy Courses from the ps2/Xbox era Tiger woods 2002-2008: Copperhead Canyon, Paradise Cove, Safari CC, Penguin Falls, The Predator, The Highlands, Wallaby Creek, Black Rock Cove, Greek Isles, Central Park, and Emerald Dragon.

Edit: If you want these courses(Exceptions being Penguin Falls, Safari CC, Copperhead Canyon, and The Highlands due to not being in 2005-2006 EA Has to come up with Tiger Tee locations for this), at their absolute hardest bring back Tiger Tees. To avoid Tiger liscensing rename them as painful as that will be. 

4. Bring back Country Clubs feature from 14 to combat societies if that is not already planned post launch.

5. To add more replay value since EA has all majors, bring Quick Tournaments from 14 back.

Edit: I cannot imagine they'd have to pull the tee boxes back on these fantasy courses considering they're made from arcade era where you can easily drive carry 350-375+ yards especially on Copperhead Canyon where it has the longest hole in the series at 821 yards from Black Tees. If we factor Tiger Tees that makes courses even longer.

Message 3 of 503 (12,807 Views)

Community Manager
@MaouYumisu Was there a specific track from the 05 soundtrack you would like to see?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 503 (12,723 Views)

Community Manager
@RonDizzel13 For friendly leaderboards are you picturing something static in the main menu you can edit, or a personal 'tournament' mode that you can just invite friends into?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 503 (12,700 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was thinking that when you are in an online lobby with your (1-16) friends and you’re choosing the course you are going to play, each course shows a leaderboard with the best rounds for that course amongst the people in the lobby. 
Or/and when a long Par 5 starts in a round for example, there is a mention of who, amongst the (1-16) players currently playing, has the longest fairway drive for that hole. 

Like if you’re on an actual course playing with your friends in real life. 
More things to be competitive about for some friendly banter with your group of friends. (Historic closest to the hole on a Par 3, historic longest putt on a hole, etc)
Sure, you can toggle the option on and off before the round starts also. 

Message 6 of 503 (12,692 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How about gameplay to rival 2K23 ?? This is my primary wish. This will ultimately determine if this game's a 'keeper' or not.  

Message 7 of 503 (12,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Illium wrote:
@MaouYumisuWas there a specific track from the 05 soundtrack you would like to see?

If you want specifics do Traveler's Unknown, Blowfish, No Resistance, Fortuitous, Dawn on the Dance Floor, and Swing Away. Bonus Points if you can add the flyby versions of these songs that play during a flyby and implement them for the flyby feature.

Message 8 of 503 (12,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want to be able to play againt the AI in different game modes

Message 9 of 503 (12,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Crossplay please. I have an xbox but would love to play with my friends who are getting it on PS5. 

Message 10 of 503 (12,480 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help