PGA Tour - Patch 12 Feedback Thread

by Cowboy1963

Original Post

Re: PGA Tour - Patch 12 Feedback Thread

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I think it’s easy to criticise no matter what update they put out. 

we could be saying I cannot believe they’ve only gave us the par 3 course, but they gave us 3 others. 

so in that respect, I think that was decent. 

however, I’m pretty bummed that there was no gameplay improvements, tweaks etc. 

one thing that has really annoyed me, and my brother who I play with….right from the start…

when putting, the putter head is a good bit off the ground, and rather than lining the ball up with the middle of the putter, it’s lined up with the very end of the putter. 

it looks horrible, and I genuinely ask myself, how does this pass? How is this allowed. 

no chance of that being fixed now I’d say. 

I’d go along with the assumption that the game will be pretty much left to it now. What we’ve got is what we’ve got. 

there’s a great game here, but as usual, EA have made sure to EA it!

Message 71 of 80 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would love to be able to use Nicklaus in the career mode and I hope they add more legends like Bobby jones seve Ballesteros nick faldo and tiger woods if we could get him

Message 72 of 80 (1,207 Views)

★ Guide

I think it's pretty obvious that EA can't make crossplay work in this game. A year and nothing.

Message 73 of 80 (1,201 Views)

★ Guide

EA have made zero effort to fix the major issues in this game and I see that the missed rank stuff is either back or never went away.

I am now officially done with this game. It is the worst golf game ever released, by a distance.

Don't expect EA to do anything other than add stuff in the hope that you will forget the work that really needs doing, they are clearly no longer interested and you have to wonder if they ever really were.

The game is a disgrace and an embarrassment to that company. I long for the day when EA realise that the only business model that works is one that sees games released in full working order. I will probably be dead before that happens.

Message 74 of 80 (1,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@ashepherd8 wrote:

I would love to be able to use Nicklaus in the career mode and I hope they add more legends like Bobby jones seve Ballesteros nick faldo and tiger woods if we could get him

Tiger is exclusive to 2K now, as he signed a "long-term" exclusivity deal with them before 2K23.

Also...are the "Par Saves" Mastery Quest requirements working for anyone at the Augusta Par-3 course? You need 5 Par Saves as one of the Exploration Mastery Quest objectives for the course, and I can't get anything to register for it. I miss in the fairway, the rough, and the sand, and up-and-downs from any of those are not counting as par saves.

EDIT - I see there is a post in the Technical Issues forum about this. Will also post a bug report there.

Message 75 of 80 (1,076 Views)

★★★ Novice

does anyone else think niklaus looks more like bill paxton than jack niklaus

Message 76 of 80 (944 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Speaking of the Jack N updates it puzzles me why his Memorial Day Tournament and course was not included. Jack built that course to challenge the pros and it should be on EA's list. I have all the versions of Links and it appears there. As this past weekend proved, it is probably the most challenging course around the world.

Message 77 of 80 (450 Views)

★ Guide
@ashepherd8 doubt we will see anymore updates due to this being the final Pro Pass season, and there failure to fix other issues that have been ongoing since releases.

will be interested to see how long we can still play the game on the broken online feature
Message 78 of 80 (268 Views)

Re: Update with no update?!?

★★★ Newbie

Updates generally improve device performance, fix bugs, and add new features or security patches. For specific details, checking the update notes or your device's support page is recommended.

Message 79 of 80 (194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For specific details on the PGA TOUR game update, checking the game's official website or community forums would be best. They often post patch notes and updates there.

Message 80 of 80 (194 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help