PGA Tour - Patch 12 Feedback Thread

by Cowboy1963

Original Post

Re: Anniversary Update

★ Guide

I thought Royal Troon was fun. Ball runs for miles so lots of the holes are very reachable without much power. It is very similar in appearance to St Andrews and Royal Liverpool though. Even just changing the sky texture and lighting would've helped with the variety a little. I live nearby so maybe I'm expecting too much of what my local courses look and feel like. 

Valhalla was cool. It's good to have more courses with interesting course architecture instead of just wide open and straight fairways.

Augusta par 3 was trickier than I expected. Played on sim so was guessing the elevation. Had a couple spin off the green and into the water. That would be a great match play course...

Haven't played Pinehurst yet.

Big content update which is nice. Not feeling overly optimistic by the lack of feature updates though. I'm guessing it's just content updates hereafter. After a long wait since the last patch I was hoping we'd see something exciting like crossplay, proper ranked multiplayer, or a refresh of the tournaments. Or even just some critical bug fixes like losing tournament scores and head to head match play scores. Don't think it's overly critical to expect a sports game to be able to keep score.

Message 51 of 80 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just saw the details of the latest update and looking forward to playing the 4 new courses.  Augusta par 3 was unexpected but a nice addition.

I enjoy playing EA Sports Golf and prefer it over 2K23 which I stopped playing some time ago.  I still think that Perfect Golf is a a notch above EA Sport Golf but unfortunately development of it stopped a few years ago when the two principal developers sold it to Trackman and moved there to take over the rendition of courses for their simulator.

Some features that I am still hoping to see in EA Sports Golf are the following:

1.  The option to save quick and multiplayer rounds or the option of recording rounds that friends can play.

2.  Replays with multiple camera angles.

3.  Adding animated golfers on the same hole or other holes when they are in your line of sight and out of range.  I disable the galleries and commentary when I play so having animated golfers would add to the immersion and would be a feature I have never seen in any golf game.

4.  A true 3D environment where I can "walk" the course.

5.  Statistics for a round such as greens in regulation, fairways hit, and total feet of putts made.

6.  Hot key for turning on and off the green grid.

7.  The option to disable the max triple bogey on a hole.

Thanks for the latest update.

Message 52 of 80 (780 Views)

★ Guide

A pleasant update, pleased with the courses added! 

Disappointed to see career mode bugs still ignored. Proximity to hole stats for User golfers in career has been bugged since day 1 and CPU golfers driving distance is too short. 

Store rotations still could be better. Why can't we just have a full selection of items to always chose from. Why the wierd rotations? 

Message 53 of 80 (737 Views)

Re: PGA Tour - Patch 12 Feedback Thread

★ Guide

This update is pathetic and a statement, at least for me, that this is it. EA have lost interest.

No fixes to the major issues that have been there since day 1 and zero payback for coins and tickets lost because of the tournament mess over the last month or so. People can forget cross-play too.

It seems that, just like Perfect Golf, this game has been abandoned 12 months after release. Enjoy while you can because I doubt servers will be hosting this game for too long.

Message 54 of 80 (728 Views)

★ Guide

@Mickstudio1308 wrote:
@Katybee_1313It's a great update but where is the patch note, where is EA ?

A great update would have seen cross-play introduced and fixes made to the major issues in this game. The fact that none of this has happened tells you that EA have no plans for the future of this game.

Message 55 of 80 (725 Views)

★ Guide

Can anyone answer, in career mode does your world ranking carry over into the new season? 

Message 56 of 80 (724 Views)

★★★ Pro

@BlackCat09522 wrote:

It seems that, just like Perfect Golf, this game has been abandoned 12 months after release. Enjoy while you can because I doubt servers will be hosting this game for too long.

LMAO! Not only the server on EA Rory, a game abandoned almost 10 years ago,  are still running, but the server for TW 14, a 10+ years old game, just shutdown last fall for PS3 and XBox 360.  I have a lot more faith of this game running in 10 years on the server, than for the leaderboard to be fixed long term as they crashed too in EA Rory.

Message 57 of 80 (709 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Katybee_1313 wrote:

LMAO! Not only the server on EA Rory, a game abandoned almost 10 years ago,  are still running, but the server for TW 14, a 10+ years old game, just shutdown last fall for PS3 and XBox 360.  I have a lot more faith of this game running in 10 years on the server, than for the leaderboard to be fixed long term as they crashed too in EA Rory.

10 years of still having the bug erasing the leaderboard would be pathetic. 2K would already have 5 iterations by then. It would be so sad if 2K has 5 working iterations while the leaderboard issues needs figuring out in a 10 year timeline.

Message 58 of 80 (676 Views)

★★★ Pro

@PalomaMarvel24 wrote:

10 years of still having the bug erasing the leaderboard would be pathetic. 2K would already have 5 iterations by then. It would be so sad if 2K has 5 working iterations while the leaderboard issues needs figuring out in a 10 year timeline.

The patch is about expected... other than it was nice for those that are still playing to get this years Majors early, rather than having to wait for the actual tournament dates like last year.

I am disappointed that they didn't spend some resources on broadening the gameplay and fixing some pretty significant bugs. I'll just leave it there.

As for 2K... I cannot remember the last time they released a patch, and there are plenty of things in that game could be addressed. But for the most part it is a mature product in a good place.

But I am interested in what 2K have been doing the last year, if anything to improve their franchise. According to people here they hired a few developers of this golf game, so I can only surmise they have something to release at some point. Maybe a new game?

Message 59 of 80 (653 Views)

★ Guide

@ELF014 wrote:

The patch is about expected... other than it was nice for those that are still playing to get this years Majors early, rather than having to wait for the actual tournament dates like last year.

I am disappointed that they didn't spend some resources on broadening the gameplay and fixing some pretty significant bugs. I'll just leave it there.

As for 2K... I cannot remember the last time they released a patch, and there are plenty of things in that game could be addressed. But for the most part it is a mature product in a good place.

But I am interested in what 2K have been doing the last year, if anything to improve their franchise. According to people here they hired a few developers of this golf game, so I can only surmise they have something to release at some point. Maybe a new game?

The fact that they have already released the courses for all 4 Majors instead of releasing them as each one comes along, tells you that we can expect, well, not a lot for the rest of the year.

The only thing that will save this game is a ground up overhaul or, basically, a completely fresh release. Preferably one that works, though.

Message 60 of 80 (651 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help