Possible Cheaters in PGA Tour? High scores or leaving game

by MSgt_Jeff

Original Post

Re: Cheaters?

★★ Apprentice

No one is cheating.  Just that some players are excellent at game.  Also remember that you can be in a tournament with your low level golfer up against another who's nearly maxed level and has many a club spec too.  Perhaps could see divisions of players in future to 'even' out chances for newbies in comparison to veterans, for want of better term. 

Although from FIFA divisions experience that can be highly manipulated.

Focus on own game and improving that.  No point in stressing that you can't get to -6 from four holes.  Not many of us can Large smile

Message 31 of 172 (782 Views)

Champion

@takk304 wrote:

Focus on own game and improving that.  No point in stressing that you can't get to -6 from four holes.  Not many of us can Large smile

Indeed. It's a shame it's not possible to see the full leaderboards, or that they stated the number of participants or where you stood in percentage terms (other than the broad category you get after the event has closed). That would put in better context how exceptional some scores are vs what is more typical.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 172 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Only cheater I've ever come across in my lifetime playing EA PGA games is [Edit - Admin.]

Message 33 of 172 (754 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@cccgolfer08 wrote:

Only cheater I've ever come across in my lifetime playing EA PGA games is [Edit - Admin.]

Don't know if you being sarcastic or not but that is definitely breaking TOS.   That being said,   tons of people cheated in the game,  its literally an epidemic in online gaming period we just have to deal with it.   I mean maybe you think using special mouse drivers to lock the axis,  or using hard edges like rulers to hit the ball in games like pga tour 2008 wasn't cheating.  Many people saw nothing wrong with it and would openly admit to doing it.   I don't think its a cooincidence the online play started going downhill in 2005.  All of a sudden everyone just got "good"?   Thats being naive.  lol

I mean do you really believe EA Sports abandoned the pc because everyone found it so competitive and fun?   Do you believe them that it was because their games were being pirated?   I doubt that at all, its because the online multiplayer started dying so bad from all the cheating,  its why its almost non existent in this very release we are playing now.     I'm gonna keep crying for turn based play and more multiplayer modes and stats.   But EA is probably looking at me like i'm crazy assuming everyone is just going to ragequit.    LMAO.  It cheating wasn't a problem these companies could literally charge for the privilege of playing in online tournaments.  But because of the anonymity and people making multiple accounts that will never be a real thing in our lifetime.

Message 34 of 172 (734 Views)

★★ Pro

@Ultrasonic_77 wrote:

@takk304 wrote:

Indeed. It's a shame it's not possible to see the full leaderboards, or that they stated the number of participants or where you stood in percentage terms (other than the broad category you get after the event has closed). That would put in better context how exceptional some scores are vs what is more typical.

I agree.

Message 35 of 172 (732 Views)

★ Guide

Out of interest, what would you class as a 'cheating score' in an 18 hole Tour mode match? 5 under, 10? 15? 

I won a tournament one week with 24 under par on 18 holes on the old tour mode in Tiger 10, it was windy and fast greens. I didnt use a mouse, or matchsticks on my control pad or anything else. Would you have accused me of cheating when seeing the score? 

Message 36 of 172 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@RichAC wrote:

@cccgolfer08 wrote:

Only cheater I've ever come across in my lifetime playing EA PGA games is @iglooman__TW  Wink

Don't know if you being sarcastic or not but that is definitely breaking TOS.   That being said,   tons of people cheated in the game,  its literally an epidemic in online gaming period we just have to deal with it.   I mean maybe you think using special mouse drivers to lock the axis,  or using hard edges like rulers to hit the ball in games like pga tour 2008 wasn't cheating.  Many people saw nothing wrong with it and would openly admit to doing it.   I don't think its a cooincidence the online play started going downhill in 2005.  All of a sudden everyone just got "good"?   Thats being naive.  lol

I mean do you really believe EA Sports abandoned the pc because everyone found it so competitive and fun?   Do you believe them that it was because their games were being pirated?   I doubt that at all, its because the online multiplayer started dying so bad from all the cheating,  its why its almost non existent in this very release we are playing now.     I'm gonna keep crying for turn based play and more multiplayer modes and stats.   But EA is probably looking at me like i'm crazy assuming everyone is just going to ragequit.    LMAO.  It cheating wasn't a problem these companies could literally charge for the privilege of playing in online tournaments.  But because of the anonymity and people making multiple accounts that will never be a real thing in our lifetime.

My bad, Rich.  I should have clarified that I was 100% just joking.  Iggy and I played a TON back in the old Tiger Woods days.  Had some solid battles back and forth as well as teamed up in some best ball games!

Message 37 of 172 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@theycagednon wrote:

Out of interest, what would you class as a 'cheating score' in an 18 hole Tour mode match? 5 under, 10? 15? 

I won a tournament one week with 24 under par on 18 holes on the old tour mode in Tiger 10, it was windy and fast greens. I didnt use a mouse, or matchsticks on my control pad or anything else. Would you have accused me of cheating when seeing the score? 

if you admitted to being an edger to me in game I sure would of.   As for getting scores like that,  if I was you I wouldn't even want to play the game.  That wouldn't be productive or fun for me.  Most normal people like a challenge and competitive matches.   In real life "pwning noobs"  is not respectable or honorable no matter how you look at it.  The difference is in real life you are not anonymous nor can you easily change and save face.     There is no such thing as a "cheating score"  but it would be suspicious if nothing more.  And still a reason why most of the community would not even want to play with you.   

See back in the old days of gaming,  where millions were literally playing counterstrike.   We had dedicated servers and admins who would regulate fair play themselves.   If you were "too good"   there was nothing morally wrong with telling you take a hike.   Heck even in real life tournaments of all sorts some players are banned from competing because they are just "too good". For example Rock Steady DJ's were banned from the world championship DJ competition many times cause they were "too good".      In the old pga tour pc games users could set limits to who could join their tournaments as well.  If you were playing in a noob level tournament,  that right there would show a severe lack of sportsmanship and respect fo the community,  which again is suspicious if nothing more.  It goes to your character on the whole.

I don't think people realize that the digital realm is just an extension of the physical.  The same principles, and eventually,  laws will apply.  And noone is fooling anyone.  You just as see through as you would be in real life for all the same reasons.

Message 38 of 172 (692 Views)

★★ Pro

@theycagednon wrote:

I used to use a Hori pad back in the day, they were basically so poor quality that your swing always registered as straight. 

These days it's an xbox elite pad and I can hit 99% power, straight shots most of the time, I dont find keeping the swing straight difficult. 

As far as draw and fade goes, you can still use the straight stick technique as long as you move your marker enough to allow for it. 

this ^

Message 39 of 172 (688 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RichAC asking for a friend. Would -13 over 9 holes on the tour pro daily at quail hollow be considered cheating? Or -18 at brandon dunes sim no green grid?
Message 40 of 172 (783 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help