Possible Cheaters in PGA Tour? High scores or leaving game

by MSgt_Jeff

Original Post

Re: Cheaters?

★★★★★ Newbie

I’ve played golf games religiously since Tiger Woods 99. The people you’re complaining about aren’t cheating. I, along with many other top players, have put in a lot of work understanding all the elements and factors that affect each shot and shot type. Your ignorant comment is a slap in the face to people who have put in the time to get good at the game. 

Message 51 of 172 (723 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Ultrasonic_77 wrote:

If anyone would like to start a tips of how to play well thread I could see about getting it pinned. I'm sure lots of people would be interested. Not that everyone may want to give away how they do so well Standard smile.

I would like a thread like this.  The challenge is many of the players on the no “cheaters” side have been playing competitively together for over 15 years.  That’s a lot of ground to cover.  An example that doesn’t apply to this year is when they didn’t used to tell you how far your ball carried, just total distance.  The good players went into driving range and learned how far every club of bag carried.  Full loft, half loft, 1/4 loft… every club.  They also learned the bounce following the landing for every green speed.  There wasn’t a distance a good player didn’t have a club for.  They removed that from the game by telling you how far it carried as I said, but it is still an example of how good players became good.  An example for this year, I already referenced.  Quit smashing your driver on every hole.  Aim for a flat part of fairway that leaves you a club that has low spin rate.  Do your math and stick it.  This is a basic part of game to some in this thread but seems difficult for others to accept.

Message 52 of 172 (713 Views)

Champion
@Afro_Pub_Jumper As I said, please start a tips thread if you'd like to see this. It would be good to have some constructive discussion rather than just people (reasonably) complaining about bugs. The style of this forum is less conducive to building a community than it could be but it's what I'd really like to see happen.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 53 of 172 (709 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Ultrasonic_77 wrote:
@Afro_Pub_JumperAs I said, please start a tips thread if you'd like to see this. It would be good to have some constructive discussion rather than just people (reasonably) complaining about bugs. The style of this forum is less conducive to building a community than it could be but it's what I'd really like to see happen.

“As I said”?  Go about your business champion.

Message 54 of 172 (698 Views)

★ Guide

Id contribute to a tips and tricks thread, better players = more challenge when playing online, I dont mind that. 

On a sidetone if any of you are on Xbox this is my gamertag, give me a shout if you'd like a game online id be happy to have a blast. Tour mode only though as arcade knocks me white, whilst sim is just a bit too serious.

Message 55 of 172 (693 Views)

★★★★ Guide

nobody is "that" good... every tourny, everyday, not a chance

Message 56 of 172 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Afro_Pub_Jumper wrote:

@Ultrasonic_77 wrote:
@Afro_Pub_JumperAs I said, please start a tips thread if you'd like to see this. It would be good to have some constructive discussion rather than just people (reasonably) complaining about bugs. The style of this forum is less conducive to building a community than it could be but it's what I'd really like to see happen.

“As I said”?  Go about your business champion.

I'm no way good enough to start a thread offering everyone tips on how to play at the top level Standard smile. If a good thread is started then I can ask to see if a kind Community Manager might be minded to pin it, if indeed they haven't already decided to do so. In case it's not obvious I'm a player like you, not a forum moderator with the powers that would typically go with that role. It's generally best to think of Champions/Heros as player advocates I think, because as well as helping to answer questions where we can we also speak up behind the scenes to highlight issues that may apparently not be getting the attention they deserve. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 57 of 172 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This evidence enough?

[Edit - Admin.]

Message 58 of 172 (586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Really good play here

[Edit - Admin.]

Message 59 of 172 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Edit - Admin.]

Message 60 of 172 (774 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help