Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? DrSatan69420
Date/time issue occurred Since last update
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? DrSatan69420
Summarize your bug Since the last update my WR's juke after nearly every single reception. RB's do it frequently after hand off as well, but for WR's its nearly every time. This started after the last PC update. It's almost like Ball Carrier assist is on, but I can't find the setting anywhere to turn it off. Only Defense helpers are visible.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I only play in Franchise. I haven't tested in other formats.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ball Carrier jukes after taking possession of the ball
What do you expect to see? I expect to control the movement of the player.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Geforce RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32

Since the last update my WR's juke after nearly every single reception. RB's do it frequently after hand off as well, but for WR's its nearly every time. This started after the last PC update. It's almost like Ball Carrier assist is on, but I can't find the setting anywhere to turn it off. Only Defense helpers are visible. This ONLY occurs when the player takes possession of the ball. After that initial juke, everything is normal. 

Message 1 of 8 (957 Views)

Re: Players auto-juke after reception or handoff

Community Manager
@DrSatan69420 Do you use a controller when you play the game? I'm wondering if the right stick on it needs to be recalibrated. Might be due to a drift.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do use a controller, but I've never had the issue until the last update. A few other qwerks started at the same time, but this is the only one effecting game play. I'll try reinstalling the controller drivers though. 

Message 3 of 8 (920 Views)

Community Manager
@DrSatan69420 If it isn't a wireless controller trying plugging it back in too. Do you have any other devices plugged into the PC that you've recently inserted? Some other hardware can result in strange behavior. I've seen the Oculus and HIVE headsets cause compatibility issues with Madden in the past.
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I reinstalled the drivers, and the issue remains. It's a wired Logitech controller. Nothing new is installed or plugged in. The auto juke only happens after a reception and sometimes a hand off (mostly shotgun formation).  It doesn't happen any other times. With previous versions of Madden there were some glitches where a player would juke or spin randomly while running down the field. This is not that. It's not a game breaker, but it is annoying when you have a defender smoked on a slant only to be tackled because the receiver does a juke after catching the ball instead of breaking away down the field.  This issue started immediately after the last update, so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that. I say immediately because I had to install the update before I could launch the game. 

Message 5 of 8 (886 Views)

Community Manager

@DrSatan69420 

It could be a controller compatibility issue as the Microsoft Xbox controller is the only officially supported controller for Madden NFL 21.

Try right-clicking on the game in Origin and select repair. If that doesn't fix it, perhaps try a re-install to see if fresh files will clear it up?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 8 (872 Views)

@DrSatan69420 did you already try to reconfigure your controller (not in-game but in the Windows device manager)? there should be an option to recalibrate and reassign keys (if I remember correctly).

hope that helps. good luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 7 of 8 (839 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Try pulling the analog sticks straight out of the controller. You might here and feel a slight pop as the d-pad underneath pops back up. This is what i did to my right analog stick and now my WRs catch the ball in stride and keep going.

Don’t break the controller… just pull it enough to relieve the compressed plastic underneath lol

Message 8 of 8 (246 Views)