BF2042 Matches Not Launching Since 12/26/2023

by SBMM_IRL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF2042 Matches Not Launching Since 12/26/2023

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Have had minimal issues outside of network outages over the last two years of launch, but since yesterday I've been unable to launch into matches.

I can start the client, get into menus, but then I get the countdown, a black screen, and then I'm kicked back into the main menu with a error noise on the radio. No other messages pop up for persistence, it's just a crash back to menu. This happens for all gameplay modes.

System specs:

i7 10700k

RTX 3080

16GB RAM

Have tried -

Manual update of EAC

Client repair through EA App

Turned off OneDrive (thought this might be the culprit due to cache?)

Deleted cache folder

None of these fixes worked. Please assist ASAP.

Message 1 of 15 (650 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF2042 Matches Not Launching Since 12/26/2023

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SBMM_IRL 

Have you tried entering the DNS address for your Ethernet / Wifi connection in Windows ? Below I attach a screen shot of how to do this, order according to the numbering. In my case this solved the problem of connecting to the main server in CoD WW II and newer. The auto-detect option does not always work correctly.

Screen attached --> configure.jpg.

I have DNS configured in Windows (I do it every time after Windows formatting) and believe me, everything works much better for me, even websites open faster.

The second probable cause of this error (if DNS does not help) is a poorly configured firewall rule for the BF2042.exe application (you probably blocked the connection for it by accident), go to Windows Firewall / Antivirus / External firewall that you installed because you thought the firewall was Windows is vulnerable, go to the rules for the BF2042.exe application, and if you don't have one, create it and allow all connections (outgoing and incoming).

If these 2 things mentioned above do not help, read how to enable the UPNP IGD option in your router (The UPNP IGD option causes the router to open outgoing NAT ports itself - and outgoing ports are needed for gaming), after unlocking, restart the router using the same programming/browser to make changes to the router.

If that's not enough, read how unblock the NAT ports on your router, find the ports to be unblocked for the BF2042 game and unblock them, then restart the modem using the modem software/same browser you used to change the settings.

GL & Happy New Year.

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (1,056 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am Stuck in the Lobby with 1/64 players forever on my PS4.

I tested everything and my PS4 works well, I believe that this is related to Server connection issues.

Message 2 of 15 (606 Views)

★★ Novice

Still having this problem as of 12/29/2023. Please assist.

Message 3 of 15 (567 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried a complete reinstall and it's still not working.

Message 4 of 15 (490 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried launching single-player with bots - no issues with starting a match and playing. I think this might have something to do with server authentication. Please assist.

Message 5 of 15 (486 Views)

★★★ Guide
Message 6 of 15 (479 Views)

★★ Novice

Cross-play is on. I turned it on again and still am seeing the same problem.

Right now I don't even get sent into the X/128 player waiting room, the screen just goes black and then crashes back to menu with an error sound. I'm almost certain there's something wrong with the EA server.

Message 7 of 15 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion.

Somehow the Cross-Play it turned off although I am most certain that It was not me.

Having the Cross-Play ON fixed my issue on PS4.

It appears that are not many users that are playing on PS4 platform.

Happy new year and all the best!

Message 8 of 15 (455 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SBMM_IRL 

For me work , --> Alt+F4 (emergency immediate shutdown of the application) & re-run the game, after second run BF2042 i can join to server normally..

The first time you run BF2042 after starting Windows, it sometimes fails to get the network IP data, which is why this happens. The method I described above helps me.

GL

Message 9 of 15 (449 Views)

★★ Novice

Just tried Alt-F4 and restarting, still unable to login.

Message 10 of 15 (415 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help