If i delete ea account, my posts and my comme in community has delete yes or no.

by pckkgcc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If i delete ea account, my posts and my comme in community has delete yes or no.

★★★ Novice

I'm concerned that if I delete my EA account, my posts or comments in the community won't be deleted as well.

Message 1 of 11 (356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: If i delete ea account, my posts and my comme in community has delete yes or

Community Manager

@pckkgcc If you want to delete your EA account and all your forum comments, please contact our support team. Be sure to specify that you want your comments removed as well. Otherwise, your account will be deleted without removing any comments first.

How can I delete my EA Account?

EA_PulsarAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (345 Views)

All Replies

Re: If i delete ea account, my posts and my comme in community has delete yes or

Community Manager

@pckkgcc If you want to delete your EA account and all your forum comments, please contact our support team. Be sure to specify that you want your comments removed as well. Otherwise, your account will be deleted without removing any comments first.

How can I delete my EA Account?

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 2 of 11 (346 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does this mean that if I send a request to delete my account to the team, in addition to the account being deleted, all the posts in the community will also be deleted?

Message 3 of 11 (340 Views)

Community Manager

The team will share a list of the content that will be removed when your account is deleted, including your forum profile. You can still mention that you wish to delete your forum posts in your request. 

• You’ll be removed as a user from all EA Forums, and if you’ve posted on an EA Forum, we will either delete your forum name or the posts themselves. If you have an EA Forum account that doesn’t use your EA Account credentials to login, such as a SWTOR Forum account, then you will need to make a separate request to delete those.

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 4 of 11 (338 Views)

★★★ Novice

But if they didn't ask about the post and I didn't tell them about it, then they wouldn't delete the post, right?

Message 5 of 11 (336 Views)

Community Manager

Before the team completes the process, they will send you a disclaimer to accept, with all the information about the deleted content. Once that's confirmed by you, your account will be deleted. 

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 6 of 11 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It means that after confirming account deletion. They will delete the entire ea account, community account. and all posts and replies in that account's community?

Message 7 of 11 (309 Views)

Community Manager

As mentioned above in the disclaimer, we will either delete your forum name or the posts themselves. 

So it means that posts may not get deleted in all cases unless you ask for that in your request. 

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 8 of 11 (235 Views)

★★★ Novice

But if I didn't ask for it in the request, then the post won't be deleted, right?

Message 9 of 11 (226 Views)

Community Manager

Yes, most likely, your posts will not be deleted in that case. 

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 10 of 11 (221 Views)