Is it possible to transfer my FUT team over from xbox s/x to PS5?

by LUFC4LIFE1982

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is it possible to transfer my FUT team over from xbox s/x to PS5?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I bought FIFA 23 on xbox series x at launch and spent a lot of money on it and I bought a PS5 with FIFA 23 today thinking everything would transfer over from xbox series x to PS5 as I use the same EA account for both of them. Would you be able to transfer everything over from xbox series x  to ps5 or would it be possible to sell all my players and club items and transfer the coins over to my PS5 as technically they use the same EA account? Please help.

Message 1 of 18 (16,960 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to transfer my FUT team over from xbox s/x to PS5?

Hero

Hi there @LUFC4LIFE1982 

Unfortunately content, coins and players and items, can not be passed over from one platform to another.  You can only carry your club name and established from date over to your newer console.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (16,938 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi there @LUFC4LIFE1982 

Unfortunately content, coins and players and items, can not be passed over from one platform to another.  You can only carry your club name and established from date over to your newer console.

Message 2 of 18 (16,939 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SumFiiin Would I be able to just sell all my players and then buy players from my PS5 at a high price since its the same EA account?

Message 3 of 18 (16,894 Views)

Hero
@LUFC4LIFE1982 If you transferred your club to PS5 you would lose all coins and players from your Xbox FUT.

Although it is the same EA account, content including coins can not be transferred from one platform to a different one.

Message 4 of 18 (16,885 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SumFiiin I thought xbox series x and ps5 is cross gen this year?

Message 5 of 18 (16,872 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LUFC4LIFE1982  The transfer market is shared and many game modes are too, this is called crossplay and only the same gen can play the other equivalent same gen (so PS4 couldn't play Xbox x, for example). However cross gen can be used to describe features shared between old and new gen of the same console type, so PS5 is cross gen with PS4 only.

Cross gen doesn't affect your situation.

With respect to crossplay, this doesn't mean that purchases you make, say, through the Microsoft store can be swapped in the Sony store for equivalent items, even if they are from the same manufacturer. So unfortunately EA can not make that kind of transfer.

When you upgrade from last gen to new gen on the same platform everything carries over. Switching console company is not the same.

It has been like this for years and I haven't heard any future plans to change this. Crossplay might affect this situation one day but at this moment I can't see a solution happening any time in the near future that will enable you to transfer your clubs content across to another platform.

Message 6 of 18 (16,864 Views)

★ Novice

Hello fellow Leeds fan! I've done this exactly over last 2 days my Xbox broke and I had around 800k coins I've transferred them to my ps5 exact same ea account but they literally removed all my coins. I'm absolutely fuming I've opened a ticket. What's the point in spending money on the game like we do just for it to be stripped from us. OUR HARD EARNED MONEY turned into nothing by them on a power trip. Never once have I broken any rules before but yeah 800k down the pan unless I can resolve it. I've opened a ticket 

Message 7 of 18 (16,851 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey dude, its not right that you can't transfer coins to a different console that uses the same EA account.  I don't see what the problem is, you should be allowed to do it at least once without getting punished by EA.  it's not like were making multiple accounts and farming coins we just want a one off transfer.  Its misleading information from EA about linking the xbox series x and PS5 to the same EA account. I thought once they were linked you would have access to the same FUT account.  I wouldn't have bought a PS5 until FIFA 24 next year if I had known this.

Let me know how you get on with your support ticket.  I hope you can sort it out with them mate, MOT

Message 8 of 18 (16,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SumFiiin  Is it possible to buy player from my xbox club on my PS5 account or vice versa?

Message 9 of 18 (16,724 Views)

Hero
@LUFC4LIFE1982 Currently it is possible, however I would strongly advise that you do not buy players from your other account as those kinds of transfers could be considered as coin distribution.

We are at a time where the transfer market has made a big change and so you are all good to be asking these types of questions.

Message 10 of 18 (16,683 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help