Possible Cheaters in PGA Tour? High scores or leaving game

by MSgt_Jeff

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Possible Cheaters in PGA Tour? High scores or leaving game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

EA, please do something about the obvious cheaters in tournament play!

Message 1 of 172 (3,441 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cheaters?

Community Manager

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to pop in really quick to provide some information on anyone who may be breaking our rules. 

We are unable to assist with reports of players who may be breaking our fair play rules here on Answers HQ. Please see our Forum Rules & Guidelines. 

If you do come across someone else who may be breaking our terms of service be sure to check out our EA Help article on how to report them to the correct team! 

Report players for cheating, abuse, and harassment

Please do not report or share information on another account you suspect of cheating here, as we will lock this thread. 

Thanks for reporting!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 10 of 172 (3,247 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

You have any examples? what makes you think people are cheating? 

Message 2 of 172 (3,407 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Since 2007 when I came across this game, there is always someone accusing others of cheating.  Nope.  They are just THAT good.  

Message 3 of 172 (3,388 Views)

★ Guide

I played against many of the tournament winning players back in the TW days, regularly.... even won the odd one myself here and there, and its true that there are people out there that are just next level. And there are people out there who will always accuse them of cheating. 

Message 4 of 172 (3,379 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@MSgt_Jeff wrote:

EA, please do something about the obvious cheaters in tournament play!

I probably have over 1,000 messages since 2006 calling me a cheater.  If you get in a game with me just stay.  You can watch gameplay style and see some players understand much more than just where there ball lands.  They understand course management, bounce, lie angle, spin rate on different greens/courses, apex of ball as it applies to wind, etc.  If you don’t account for these things you will always be behind a significant amount of players.

Message 5 of 172 (3,335 Views)

Champion

@Afro_Pub_Jumper wrote:

I probably have over 1,000 messages since 2006 calling me a cheater.  If you get in a game with me just stay.  You can watch gameplay style and see some players understand much more than just where there ball lands.  They understand course management, bounce, lie angle, spin rate on different greens/courses, apex of ball as it applies to wind, etc.  If you don’t account for these things you will always be behind a significant amount of players.

Out of interest, do you think lie-angles are having any effect in the current game? This was being discussed in another thread and it sounds like you may be skilful enough to have figured this out better than most...

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 172 (3,325 Views)

Champion

@theycagednon wrote:

You have any examples? what makes you think people are cheating? 

For info. it is against forum rules for anyone to name specific players as potential cheats.

Like others, I suspect all anyone is seeing is that some players are VERY good.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 172 (3,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Lie angle is in play in all gameplay modes excluding Arcade.  Of course you can turn this off in custom settings, but this does not apply to online gameplay.

@Ultrasonic_77 wrote:

@Afro_Pub_Jumper wrote:

Out of interest, do you think lie-angles are having any effect in the current game? This was being discussed in another thread and it sounds like you may be skilful enough to have figured this out better than most...

Message 8 of 172 (3,310 Views)

★★ Apprentice

LOL.  Every year.   Gamers are just THAT good.  Since 2007 for me.   

Message 9 of 172 (3,271 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to pop in really quick to provide some information on anyone who may be breaking our rules. 

We are unable to assist with reports of players who may be breaking our fair play rules here on Answers HQ. Please see our Forum Rules & Guidelines. 

If you do come across someone else who may be breaking our terms of service be sure to check out our EA Help article on how to report them to the correct team! 

Report players for cheating, abuse, and harassment

Please do not report or share information on another account you suspect of cheating here, as we will lock this thread. 

Thanks for reporting!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 172 (3,248 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help