Re: The official Matchmaking blog post

@hayhor 

Thanks fire sharing.

that explains a lot for right now.

let’s see what happens next.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 51 of 264 (2,272 Views)

★ Pro
@hayhor "some unusual Pairings" is a bit of an understatement, its not some, its everytime. and i thought they tested the stuff in one region and it worked fine ? Maybe that wasnt a good test region to begin with ...
Message 52 of 264 (2,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I would be flattered if my 1.5kd and silver rank has somehow skill matched to 4 pred lobbies on the trot (last night) but the much more logical conclusion is that respawn have completely borked it, i mean * it up as badly as they possibly could becuase out of seven matches in total champion squad was not less than full diamond, if respawn think that is in ANY way fair to lower rank players they can literally insert this game (sans lube) where the sun doesnt shine

*EDIT* They DEFINITELY can, just been greased by pred no 2, 6, and 10 champ squad. I hope it gives them a massive sense of achievement beaming bronzes!

12 games now and 10 have been pred squads, christ i didnt see this many when i was diamond, why is nobody else kicking off about this absolute farce??????

Message 53 of 264 (2,222 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The ranked point system never made sense especially with regular resets - except to give top players a few weeks of chill as they farm lobby's, but using a skill based matching system within their 'ranked' points system just makes the joke of it even more obvious.

"Mr Respawn, I'm gold but I'm being put in lobby's with preds!! Frown"

"Well, we calculated you're ok to fight preds"

"But Mr Respawn, I'm only gold?"

"YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO FIGHT PREDS"

"But Mr Respawn, if I'm good enough to fight preds, why am I gold, not pred?"

"Because our calculation is more accurate than our tank points? I guess? Maybe?!?"

"So... are ranked points  worth anything?

"...to give you a sense of progression and achievement?"

Message 54 of 264 (2,206 Views)

★ Expert

For what it’s worth, i’m Gold 2 at the moment, played for 3 hrs since the rank split, and have won a few games in said 3 hrs. Matched with very similar teammates, and on par enemy squads.

It would be helpful if you guys shared which server you’re playing on. I’m in Canada, play on the NY server, and occasionally on the Dallas server.

I honestly can’t complain about the MM, it’s been good to me so far. 

Message 55 of 264 (2,192 Views)

★★★ Novice

I put it another post yesterday about the fact that I am in silver 2/1 and died to a team that had a diamond and 27th ranked pred who went on to win. Literally just happened to me again. Me and my fellow silver, random team mates got rolled by a 655 Pred and diamond 1. They also had a gold 4 but that is reasonable. Only one rank difference so that’s not an issue. However, why have I not once had a team mate that was higher than me yet several games I’ve been killed by plats and diamonds in the last 2 days? Also I’m in England so playing on London/EU servers.

It does make you wonder why they are willing to sacrifice people’s enjoyment of a game when that is supposed to be what it’s all about.

Message 56 of 264 (2,176 Views)

Champion
@dougieee Are you Europe? Did you see what I posted?
Message 57 of 264 (2,163 Views)

Champion
@Gabrielmojo26 You aren't on EU. Try that once 🤣
Message 58 of 264 (2,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@hayhorIm in UK so nearest server to me. Its beyond a joke now, the preds must be laughing their * off, 3 of the top ten players in the entire world beaming on bronze and silver........ my "skill" level does NOTHING to suggest i should be playing anyone higher than plat or diamond respawn have absolutely tanked match making, its like a sick joke.
I literally cannot express my disbelief at how bad it is.

Oh if anyone thinks im not at all being truthful please feel free to look up my games (same in game nick).

*edit* I really do think respawn need to open a dialogue here and actually admit what a catastrophic mistake they have made, EU ranked is trash, they have borked it worse than anything they have ever messed up before. I will NOT be there guinea pig and bleed ranks, its not a slight mistake, its not a small error, its a stinker.

Message 59 of 264 (2,144 Views)

Champion
@dougieee I don't think anyone thinks you are lying. There are countless examples from others on here and on reddit.

My suggestion- If you want to play ranked while they run this experiment I highly suggest connecting to New York servers.
Message 60 of 264 (2,116 Views)