Re: Madden 24 Passing Is NOT Fun

by Marmatag

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Completely agree. Played madden since I was a kid and I’m 32 now. Took a long break from 15 to 18 then from 19 to now and my god unless I throw a very easy short pass or get lucky here and there I will for sure throw at least 2-3 picks every game. Even the games I win. 

also playing with the lions is hell for my defense. ALL I play are the eagles, chiefs, Dallas, Miami, Baltimore and niners. Played chargers and titans once and both were good games so I’m guessing they were other casual players like me that don’t try to exploit the game for wins and endorphins. I get cooked every time I play cheifs especially and they run verticals every play and someone is always open and cooks me but I see what they run and try it as well and adjust coverage every which way and STILL get absolutely cooked. This game makes me so mad that I don’t even recognize myself. I don’t mind losing at all. I’ve lost multiple games where it was fun to a point. But playing against a lot of these good teams especially its like if you don’t run the 6 different plays on offense and defense you have negative chance to even score points. 

very disappointed in madden. I’ve played competitively as well and used to be a top player in teens and early 20s won a decent amount of money through personal tournaments or local leagues. NEVER have I played madden and been so FLABBERGASTED at the gameplay and how big of a disadvantage picking your favorite team is, along with CB and SS/FS over an 85OVR just have eyes in the back of their heads or never get burned. Or do fall back a couple yards and jump to the * STRATOSPHERE to bay it down or 360 pick. Don’t get me wrong I’ve done this to even with * CB on the lions, but it’s just very disappointing to be this frustrated with madden. 

i know this won’t be fixed, but for the LOVE OF GOD PRETTY PLEASE JUST SELL THE RIGHTS BACK TO 2K so we can have options. This is absolutely * and I’d like at least 1 option other than this madden. 

theeenks.

Message 11 of 17 (383 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You have to run Gun Bunch!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Message 12 of 17 (370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Some of what is said here is true. Some of what is said is mainly frustration. The passing accuracy can be a little off every once in awhile. But it mainly boils down to using the right touch at the right time against certain coverage. Learn how to manipulate the coverage and keep your opponents off balance and guessing at what you’re going to do. Have a main defensive formation that can do good on both run and pass formations. Same on offense. One main formation that you can run and pass out of with success. Something that keeps the defense honest. Overall, it’s a good game. 

Message 13 of 17 (352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. I was debating about getting it because I hadn’t played in over 6 years & it’s on sale very cheap. I hadn’t planned on even consider it because I am getting college football when it comes out in a few months, but 24 is 13.99. I thought such a long time, it must be like a new game by now, but now that I know they’ve jacked up the passing, you’ve made my decision easy. Thanks again

Message 14 of 17 (272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has been the biggest issue in Madden for years. Too often when there's a while open receiver (even if I lob a pass to ensure accuracy) the ball is always out of reach, thrown in the dirt, or picked off. I've played professionally and I've never seen any quarterback have accuracy issues like this when there's no reason for it. Most times it's due to pressure or weather but not when it's a pitch and catch type play.  Slants the ball is thrown too far ahead and picked off by the safety, hitches the ball goes 5 yards to the right directly to CB, quick outs the ball is too far to the outside even when not using precision passing, and the most annoying of them all: WR beats man coverage and has 5-8 yards on DB and the pass is thrown behind and low so it's intercepted.. OH! and notoriously you can expect at least two INTs with the linebacker somehow jumping 10ft in the air when throwing to an open zone behind the LB to a WR who is 15 yards behind them. 🤔

Message 15 of 17 (164 Views)

I played Madden 24 yesterday and completed all my passes. I don't know how someone could not agree that the passing game is awesome. 

Message 16 of 17 (124 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there, it looks like this post has continued to see some traction. 

Ultimately Madden has to be played on All-Madden with slider adjustments, because All-Pro is always, ALWAYS, categorically too easy. Even with the sliders set to ridiculous levels, it's just not simulation on all-pro. You can average 5-7 yards per carry on a season with a basic running back with the run block sliders at 0 on all-pro. It's actually stupid how easy it is to score on the goal line in Madden 24, you spread the defense out and run your HB in on a zone read, he'll walk in most of the time. There's a billion little things that just work. 

Similarly, passing in all pro is also a joke, and it's way, way too easy. So this is all predicated on all-madden, and all-madden requires sliders, because of exactly what i described. People saying "I completed 100% of my passes!" clearly aren't playing on a harder difficulty. Also, if you're playing with x-factors and jacked up superstar abilities, you're actually avoiding a lot of the criticism you might see here. For example, some superstar abilities will prevent inaccuracy. So, you're not some secret madden genius who figured out the l33t h4x to complete all your passes, you're just playing with training wheels, intended or not. 

The challenge here is that there are no appropriate simulation style sliders. I'm aware that i can go gun trips and switch between a few plays and march down the field and score. I'm aware that drag routes are OP, i'm aware of all of it. The point is that repeating the same plays over and over again because you have a stable of like 10 concepts that are unbeatable, and never deviating from those concepts, is stupid. I'm driving for a simulation experience, as i stated in the OP.  There needs to be a difficulty that encapsulates football other than "you'll score every drive if you really want to" and "the CPU recorded its 10th INT."

Message 17 of 17 (98 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help