PGA Tour - Patch 12 Feedback Thread

by Cowboy1963

Original Post

Re: Anniversary Update

★★★ Pro

Solid update but is it great, like did they fix the erase leaderboards. I'm sure the patch notes and the commentary for the new courses will come.

Message 31 of 80 (858 Views)

★★ Guide
@Katybee_1313 It's a great update but where is the patch note, where is EA ?
Message 32 of 80 (854 Views)

★★★ Pro

And pro-pass is 70 days this time.

Message 33 of 80 (851 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Katybee_1313 i think everyone got winners rewards for all the tournaments they lost
Message 34 of 80 (847 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Mickstudio1308 wrote:
@Katybee_1313It's a great update but where is the patch note, where is EA ?

Men, always complaining, always want everything yesterday.  I feel much better that this pro-pass is only 70 days, and not lasting to the end of time like 2K23.

Message 35 of 80 (830 Views)

★★ Guide
@Katybee_1313 No It's just very weird that the update release without any news from EA. Why they didn't hype up this update ? It's not normal that apexhound has a video of the update before EA announcement.
Message 36 of 80 (826 Views)

★★ Guide
@Mickstudio1308 ApexHound had word of this update coming last week...he works with EA on this stuff. He is part of the marketing for it.
Message 37 of 80 (815 Views)

★★ Guide
@sroel908 I know that, but you are telling me that you find that it's ok that EA didn't say anything yet ?
Message 38 of 80 (793 Views)

★★ Guide
@Mickstudio1308 I wouldn't say I am "OK" with it, but I don't really understand the hostility towards them not having something the moment the patch hits. You can go in and see what's been added, and there are videos out there now if you'd rather watch the info that way.

The patch notes will come out soon...we had to wait this long, what's another hour or two?
Message 39 of 80 (781 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My theory on this is that they very wisely just kind of pushed the update out so that existing players would see it, mess around with it, and wait to see if people start to complain that it broke other aspects of the game.

Even if they do post a detailed patch note sometime today, I would bet that they are going to wait a couple of days, or maybe until this weekend or at the beginning of Masters week to actually put a little hype behind this to try to get new sales.

I hope they are very successful in getting some new interest in the game with these new courses, and with the Jack aspect added to it.  I exclusively play online Match or Foursome play, I haven't played a "quick match" or messed with any AI pros since the first week of release, but what they did with the Jack Nicklaus addition is an absolute blast.  Very well done, and Jack and Arnold are my favorite players of all time.  It's a great addition to the game that I had no idea was coming.  I'm hoping they can add Gary Player and Tom Watson as well since they were part of the initial launch with the opening ceremony clip for the Masters.  I would LOVE to play as those guys, against the other two in a pickup quick play match.

So let's just play the game, enjoy the new courses (which is a huge aspect of this update, probably the most significant update since the game was released), see if there are any bugs or broken aspects because of this patch, politely report them to EA if we find anything, and hope that they have a successful bump in interest and sales for this game during and after the Masters.  We *want* them to sell more copies, we *want* them to keep this game alive and keep improving it throughout this year.  

I still play this game almost every day, since early release, I love it.  It has it's flaws, but I want it to be successful and for EA to keep allocating resources to continue to improve gameplay and add meaningful content.

Message 40 of 80 (754 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help