Re: Madden 08 PC - purchased - won't launch on Origin...

by 424c79302bad19f0

Original Post

Madden 08 PC - purchased - won't launch on Origin...

★ Novice

I purchased this game many years ago, and still enjoy playing it moreso than the newer Madden games released for PC.  I have a new computer, and origin will no longer launch the game.  I get an error stating "The game can not start" "In order to launch this game, please login to the EA Link to verify your ownership, then try again."  Anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this?  Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (1,079 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've had the same problem for a while now (~18 months+).  EA support has not been helpful (minimal effort to try to identify and fix the issue) or not responsive at all (they don't want to fix the issue).  I would think that if they allow the game to be downloaded (from previous purchase)/launched from the EA app game library, it should still be playable.  This also seems like an error that they could provide a work around too and allow to be "unlocked" so verification is no longer necessary.  I'll let you know if they figure something out or I find a workaround.

Message 2 of 4 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any luck fixing this?  I was able to play last year and took a break now the same damn issue!!!!!!

Message 3 of 4 (508 Views)

★ Novice

same

Message 4 of 4 (180 Views)