The PGA Tour Community Wishlist - Add yours!

by RonDizzel13

Original Post

Re: The PGA Tour Community Wishlist - Add yours!

★★★ Novice

Online leaderboards for Solon rounds on each difficulty 

Message 81 of 503 (1,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Drop shot is strange. Dropped on green when choosing drop from entry point after spinning of green on 18 at Torrey Pines. Also had to drop in rough when choosing flag line. And METRIC of course! Also, thanks for beautiful courses.

Message 82 of 503 (1,631 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If this hasn't already been posted, how about a green grid toggle key (from the keyboard)? It would be nice to have a look at the green terrain, then toggle the grid off to make your putt with no distractions. Some may have asked for the grid to disappear when the golfer strikes his/her putt but having a toggle key may be much simpler to implement for those who would like to use it.

Thanks for listening!

Message 83 of 503 (1,630 Views)

Champion

Could pop-up messages in the top-left corner about progress to in game objectives stay up for longer please? Like two to three times as long as they do currently. Twice now one has popped up whilst I've been doing challenges but they've disappeared before I've had time to read what they're trying to tell me. The second was some sort of chapter progress but I'm not sure about the first.

It would be helpful if within challenges there was a way to jump directly back to the main menu. Currently if I'm done with a challenge and want to do something else I have to go back one-by-one through multiple sub-levels to get back up to the main menu.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 84 of 503 (1,629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

- Remove excess menus after each hole - constantly having to press X to skip is annoying

- Improve Follow Camera after shots - Aerial or farther away would be nice. It's too close and the side angle is weird

- Increase fluidity on swing and all short game shots. Camera needs improvement after short game shots. 

- Increase lip outs on putts.

- Remove cut scenes to players expressions after each shot - it's annoying

- Add Driving range, chipping, and putting practice

- Improve divots when ball lands on green 

- Improve sand splashing onto green

- Improve ball interaction with sand - some balls should sink into the sand and not lay on top of sand 

- Make it harder to hit fairways

- Add weather changes - Add a dynamic weather feature that shows exact time/temp/ conditions of the course in REAL LIFE/REAL TIME - would be cool 

- Show morning dew on grass if it's cool outside and playing in morning

- Remove large alien birds

- Remove boats

- Improve short game swing style - chipping is horrid looking - watch Spieth videos on YouTube for reference of correct swing animations on short game

- Add 20+ more selectable swing animations

- Add 10+ selectable putting animations - AND PUTTING GRIP STYLES - standard, claw, etc

- Show logo of ball spinning on putts 

- On practice swings, allow club to graze the grass and take up some blades of grass - more realism

- On practice swings, keep ball on the turf, but have golfer step away from ball and make a few swings - as in real life

- Include shanks and bladed/skulled mistake shots

- Allow for massive hooks and slices

- Make golfers first person, like GTA, where you can "walk to your next shot" with your caddie

- Include course book that shows green slopes - so you can use this and turn follow option off - like in real life

- Add more pro golfers

- Add more courses

- Add custom course builder

Message 85 of 503 (1,593 Views)

Champion

@Crimsondog4 wrote:

- Remove cut scenes to players expressions after each shot - it's annoying

I would very much welcome an option to switch these off.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 86 of 503 (1,560 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

1. Golfer animation in time with stick movement 

2. option to play 1-4 full rounds in career

3. online with consecutive rather than concurrent shots

4. reduce banner screens between holes etc

5. voice chat in game for online play

6. cross play

7. better shot feedback so can understand why shot has gone astray

8. zoom and scroll in overhead view especially near the green

Message 87 of 503 (1,543 Views)

Offer to choose meters instead of yards and change the start screen.

★★★ Newbie

1/ Distance in meters is missing.

2/ After an hour of playing, the recording screens between the holes started to bother me, I don't understand why it's the same thing twice over and over, it makes my head spin, that's 36 times for one course!! I'd rather see some photos instead of the animation.

Message 88 of 503 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ability to edit created golfer swing style and animation. 

Message 89 of 503 (1,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

- Better distinction on the heatmap without beads. At some places on Augusta for example, the heatmap is just confusing because the colours look the same but there's a different slope.

- Less randomness circle punishment for underswing. I don't mind this factor, but if it's an underswing, you need to be rewarded with a straighter shot. At the moment, I don't see much difference in randomness circle landing spots compared to overswinging.

- Please do optimisations on the graphics - lots of them! It plays fine on 60fps with Vsync on, but when using Unlocked FPS, it is just a lot of stuttering, and I would ideally like to make the most of my 144Hz monitor.

- Daily/weekly tournaments without arcs. At the moment, you go from Tour level - which has arcs enabled for some reason - straight to Sim, which has no beads, no wind reading and no zoom. We need something in between.

- Disabling of post-shot animations and transitions. It's cool for the first day or so, but it just prolongs playing time after a while, and you can't skip straight over them right away most of the time.

Message 90 of 503 (1,538 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help